Part Five

"How about this?" I walk out in a white satin dress that's down to my mid/upper thigh, it's loose fitting and has a scoop neck, which I've paired with a pair of white heels.

"That's the one, you look absolutely stunning in that!" Wanda exclaims

"That's the one, you look absolutely stunning in that!" Wanda exclaims. She's in a black dress that goes down to mid thigh and hugs her figure.

"I can't believe I actually get to celebrate this birthday with my brothers, I have dreamed about this every year since I left them."

Wanda smiles at me and gives me a quick hug before leaving me to finish my hair. She said there are a couple of things she needs to get done before the party starts and so I let her go.

She's left me with a curling wand to do my hair but if I'm being completely honest I've never actually used one of those before and it looks intimidating, so instead I use my power of transformation and my hair forms itself into loose curls.

"Much easier." I smile into the mirror and look at myself properly for the first time. Only days ago I was such a different person and now here I am, with these new friends, my brothers, and a very attractive, broken man with a metal arm.

I cut off my thoughts at that stage and look at myself in the mirror in shock. How could I be thinking about him like that when I've only known him for a few days? I shake those thoughts away and decide to walk downstairs to try and distract myself.

"Ah little sister, you look magnificent." I turn and find Loki standing at the top of the stairs, dressed in an all black suit.

"I could say the same for you Loki, you scrub up quite nicely

"I could say the same for you Loki, you scrub up quite nicely." He holds his arm out and I take it as he escorts me down the stairs.

"How does it feel to reach the ripe old age of 127?" He asks.

"Absolutely brilliant. Although I feel like that is mostly because I'm celebrating with you this time."

Over the last few days I've been very expressive about how happy I am to be reunited with them, I know how quickly that can be taken away and so I don't want to hide my happiness for a second.

Loki just smiles at me and we walk over to a group that is forming by the bar.

"Here's the birthday girl now, Ally you look radiant." Clint says and I thank him, giving him a quick hug.

"He's right, you look insanely good, I know you're a goddess all the time - literally - but tonight it really shows"

"Thank you Nat." I return her hug and take a class of champagne offered to me by Steve.

"It won't do much but we're celebrating." He comments.

"One of my many talents, weakening my tolerance so that I can actually enjoy some of the wonders of Alcohol. That's one I had to teach myself but it definitely comes in handy."

"I don't think I want to know how you came to learn that, but I'm glad you can enjoy your night." Steve also gives me a quick hug and we're separating just as Bucky walks over to the group.

Holy shit...

I hear his thoughts and make eye contact with him, he's staring me up and down, his eyes wide. I bite my lip in an attempt to stop the blush rushing to my cheeks and a grin taking over my face,  and then have to pull my thoughts elsewhere because he's not the only one thinking 'Holy shit'

 I bite my lip in an attempt to stop the blush rushing to my cheeks and a grin taking over my face,  and then have to pull my thoughts elsewhere because he's not the only one thinking 'Holy shit'

Bucky is dressed in all black, and I don't know what this feeling is but I worry about what it'll make me do if I don't distract myself immediately.

"Has anyone seen Thor?" I ask, breaking myself and Bucky out of this trance-like state.

"I think he said he was going to fix his hair right before you got down here."

I roll my eyes and laugh at Tony's comment, then notice Thor returning from the area where the bathroom is patting down his hair. Goddamn that brother of mine is obsessed with his hair.