Part Three

After I catch up on what's been happening while I've been gone, Thor informs me of their upcoming journey to Midgard and invites me along.

"Wait, where are you going?" I ask as they head out of the castle.

"To the Bifrost so we can get to earth." Thor says and I almost laugh at them.

"You do remember I'm the Goddess of Power right? Teleportation - even between worlds - is simple." I wave my hand over the doorway and a portal opens with a field stretching out in front of us.

"Right..." Thor sheepishly laughs and steps through, Loki following him and me last, closing the portal behind me.

Once we're through I notice they've changed into Midgard clothes and I quickly change myself to match.

I take a second to look at Loki and laugh

"You were right, he does dress like a witch."

Thor laughs along with me and Loki rolls his eyes.

"Thor, is that you?"

We turn around and I realise this must be the Avengers facility Thor spoke of.

A blonde man is walking towards us, followed by a scruffier dark haired man with what looks like a metal arm.

"Steve!" Thor walks over to him and they have a small discussion then turn to me, "... and this is my sister Althea."

I can tell this Steve guy is about to ask so I say it before he can.

"It's a long story. Please, call me Ally." I shake his hand and he introduces himself as Steve Rogers - Captain America - and turns to introduce me to the other man.

"This is my best friend James Barnes, or you can call him-"

"Bucky." I interrupt.

"Sorry, mind reading thing, it's a bad habit." I say sheepishly.

"Right, that's okay, it'll just take some getting used to." He laughs it off and I wave at Bucky who is yet to speak up.

He takes a moment and steps forward, reaching his hand out and I try to act normal as I shake it. Hand shaking isn't common back home.

The moment I touch his hand I get flashes of something, perhaps his memories? They're all dark and full of torture and pain.
I release his hand and hope no one notices the shock I feel from that.

"It's great to meet you Althea." Bucky says.

"Please, Althea is so formal, Ally is fine."

"That's a weird thing to hear from a literal goddess but okay Ally." He smiles at me and I get lost in his eyes for a second.

"I wish I could say I've heard a lot about you, but I haven't heard a thing." I turn my attention back to Steve when he speaks up.

"That is not my brothers fault. My father sent me away to a priestess to help me develop and understanding of my powers. Turns out he wiped everyone's memory of me while I was gone."

"I don't even know what to say to that." Steve comments.

"Perks of being the Goddess of Power."

They both look at me in shock and so I explain to them the extent of my abilities. That any power I come into contact with in any way, I automatically inherit.

That's hot

I hear Bucky's thought and smirk. He seems to remember I can hear his thoughts and avoids eye contact.

"Well I guess we better introduce you to the rest of the team."