Part Seven

I wake up the next morning in my bed, with pyjama bottoms on underneath my dress and a top over my head but not my arms so I'm wearing it like a scarf.

After we had the cake Thor and Loki decided they wanted to see me get as drunk as possible, and with my tolerance nonexistent they managed to get me very, very drunk. It turns out shots hit you hard and fast when you've never done them before.

I sit up and decide I need to clean myself up, jumping in a quick shower and then dressing in some training gear than Nat supplied for me.

A run is exactly what I need to clear my head

Creeping down the stairs I try to make as little noise as possible so I don't disturb anyone and am thankful when I get out of the building safely.

About half an hour into my run I decide to turn back, people will start waking up soon and I don't want them to think I've gone missing or anything.
When I walk into the compound Bucky is sitting at the table with a coffee in his hands.

"Good Morning sunshine." I lightly laugh and he looks up at me.

"Okay how are you fine right now? You were so smashed last night." He groans.

"Perks of being a goddess, my body fixes itself up pretty quickly." That and the ability to heal which was one of the first things I mastered. Now I can do it in my sleep.

"Lucky for some." He takes another sip of his coffee and places his head back down into his hands.

"Here, I can help."

He looks up, confused, and I walk over to stand behind him. I reach forward and place my hands on his head and take his pain away, and I can feel him physically relaxing as I do it.

"Better?"

"So much better, thank you." He sits back in his chair and it's clear on his face his hangover is gone.

"Don't tell anyone about that, I can't go saving everyone from hangovers all the time." I laugh and sit across from him at the table.

I can tell he wants to bring up what happened by the lake last night, but doesn't know how. Even without looking into his mind it's clear he wants to say something but the words won't form. So I decided to bring it up instead, it's one of the many things I thought about on my run.

"So about-" I start before I'm interrupted.

"Ah sister, you're awake!" Thor comes bundling down the stairs towards us.

"Yes Thor, I've been up for a couple of hours now, I'm not a slacker like you." I poke my tongue out at him.

"I thought you'd be in bed all day after the night you had."

"Underestimating me again brother, you should know it'll take more than that to take me out for a day."

"Ah yes, the all powerful Althea, stronger than us all." He rolls his eyes at me and I just laugh more as he goes to find something to eat in the kitchen.

Slowly everyone else makes it out of their rooms and into the communal area, some feeling much worse off than others.

"I don't know how you convinced me to have a drink off with you. I don't even know how many shots I had." Sam is rubbing his forehead and I do my best not to laugh.

"Stupid goddess recovery." He groans, falling back onto one of the couches.

"Sorry Sam, next time I'll go easier on you." He flips me the bird and this time I can't hold in my laughter.

"Alright I'm going to train, see you guys later." I wave behind me as I walk into the training room, there is a simulation device and I decide to go into that to focus on some combat training.

I try out a couple of different scenarios, challenging myself by not using any powers, just physical combat. It's satisfying to watch the last holographic bad guy fall to the floor, and when I turn around to grab a drink I notice Bucky standing over by the door with his arms crossed.

"Oh hey, how long have you been there?"

"Long enough to see how much of a badass you are. I know they're fake but you took down like a hundred guys single handedly."

I blush a little at his praise and scold myself for doing so. I should not let him get to me like this, especially after only having known him for just under a week.

"Thank you, Bucky."

"Have you ever tried with weapons?" He asks, and shockingly when I think about it, I haven't. Usually in training I use my powers so don't need weapons.

"I haven't, why don't you show me?" Honestly I don't know what I thought I would see when he got into that simulation but it was beyond phenomenal. I had seen glimpses of things in his memories but watching him fight right there, it's absolutely insane.
When he's done with the simulation there's only one thing I can say.

"Teach me."