Part Twenty

Bucky and I spend a little bit longer outside, but he makes me go inside with him when he realises I'm shivering - which I hadn't even noticed.

I hold onto his hand which helps steady me as we go inside, my walking very unstable courtesy of the alcohol.

"What would I do without you Buck?"

"You'd freeze to death because your drunk ass couldn't get back inside without help."

I giggle at his response and agree. When we get back inside Wanda notices I've changed costumes and comes over to us.

"Ally! Does this mean..." She trails off and I nodd in response.

"Oh my god! Nat you owe me ten more dollars!" She calls out and Nat gasps, heading over.

"Would you two stop betting on my love life?"

"Not going to happen. Especially when I'm winning, soon enough I'll have Nat going bankrupt." Wanda smirks.

"You two are the worst." I say with a huge smile on my face.

"You love us anyway." Nat says.

"I really do. Hey, does anyone know if there are any more of those green drinks left?" I look around, hoping to find another tray with drinks on it.

"I'll go get you a drink." Bucky says, leaving a light kiss on my forehead and walking towards the bar.

"I don't know what you've done to him, but he's a complete softie for you." Sam walks over to us, joining our little group with Steve in tow.

"Don't let him hear you say that, he'll kick your ass." Nat says with a laugh and I can't help but laugh along.

"Come on guys, he's not that different around me. I think I'd notice."

"Ally you may be one of the most powerful people in the room but you're completely oblivious. Trust me, I've known him since we were kids, he's different with you." Steve says.

I can't help the blush rising in my cheeks, but before I can say anything else Bucky comes back and hands me a glass.

"What's this?" I turn to him with a frown.

"Your drink."

"This is definitely not green." I take a sip of it and realise it's just water.

"You don't need another green drink, you need water."

I roll my eyes at his response, my heart fluttering at how he's caring for me.

"Yeah yeah, whatever old man." I lean back against him as the rest of the group chats around us, and start to notice how tired I'm feeling.

"Ally are you still with us?" Thor asks and I bring my focus back to him.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good, just a bit sleepy."

"Perhaps you should go to bed sister." Loki says and I nod, finishing my glass of water.

"I think that's' a good idea, goodnight everyone." As I walk away I grab Bucky's hand and pull him with me .

"I guess I'm going to bed too, night everyone."

There are a couple of light laughs from the group as we leave. Once we're away from the group I stop walking and Bucky comes to a stop next to me.

"Everything okay doll?"

"I don't wanna walk anymore, can you carry me?" He turns to me and rolls his eyes, his face breaking out into a smile.

"Please Buck?" I pout at him and he takes a second and then scoops me up in his arms, carrying me to my room.

"Not here." I say when he puts me down and goes to open my door.

"What do you mean?" He looks at me confused.
"I want to sleep in your room tonight."

"Alright, come on then." He picks me up again and we go into his room, where he sits me down on the bed. Without too much effort I transform my clothes into a pair of pyjamas and climb under the blankets, inhaling the smell of him that lingers on his pillow.

"I see you've made yourself comfortable."

"Mmhm. Now come here and cuddle me." He chuckles at my response and climbs into bed next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"I can't believe you're all mine." I whisper, listening to the sound of his heart beat.

He whispers something back but I don't quite hear it as I fall into a deep sleep.