Part Thirteen

Nat was right, the water was way too cold to even consider getting in, but out on the sand wasn't actually too bad.

Almost everyone had come along to the beach, Tony one of the absences saying he had business to deal with in the city, as well as Loki who claimed he doesn't do sand.

The rest of us are wandering around, taking advantage of the quiet since we're the only ones here. I was digging my toes into the sand, enjoying the odd sensation, when Wanda came up to me.

"So, you've got feelings for him, don't you?" I consider playing dumb but I know it's pointless.

"I think so. I've never had this feeling before. Every time I see him I get these butterflies in my stomach, and I can't stop thinking about him." I'm looking over at him as I say this, he's laughing with Steve and Thor about something and his laugh resonates even to where I am with Wanda.

"He feels the same way, when you're not looking he's always catching glimpses at you. I've never seen him this happy. And don't get me started on you two training together." Wanda would often arrive in the training room while Bucky and I were working together, if I would go overtime with him when Wanda and I had time scheduled.

I turn to her and ask, "is it really that noticeable? Or is that just because of your abilities?"

"I think it's especially to me, but everyone has noticed how much happier he's been lately."

I want to bring up the moments we shared where I helped him with his memories of Hydra and that it's probably to do with that, but I keep that to myself, those moments are ours. Thankfully I've remembered to block my mind so that Wanda can't see my thoughts, something I haven't done in decades, but something tells me she'd be a good friend to trust with my secrets.

"See? There he is, looking at you again."

I turn my head back to where he's standing and notice that she's right, he's now not paying attention to the others and is looking directly at me, his eyes burning a hole into my soul.

I'm about to speak up when Thor yells towards us, "Althea, Wanda, come play this game with us!"

"My brother has impeccable timing." I say to Wanda and we both laugh, heading over to see what game they're talking about.