Going Back

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Stares, whispers, and moves of fear surround us. We have moved from class to class based on the schedule we found on the school's computer under our name. The halls grow quiet, the sound of our footsteps and shuffling fills the fear-filled halls. The once crowded area in front of us slowly disperses, moving to our sides as they begin to speak ill of us.

"It's the Waynes" they whisper.

"I heard they're the one who attempted to bomb the school," they say.

"I knew street rats like them would cause trouble."

"Why are they back?"

Damian and I continue to walk through the halls with our heads held high, staring forward. We stay emotionless, pretending that we cannot hear them; however, our enhanced hearing prevents us from doing so.

"Hmph. Fit in, huh?" Damian whispers, staring straight ahead.

"Think it's the clothes?" I ask.

"Funny," he answers monotonously. "Why would they accuse us of the bombing?"

"Same reason as to why we have people after us," I conclude, "they hate us."

"Hmph. Nothing new."

"Nothing new, indeed," I mutter. "Nothing new."

Passing through the glaring students, Damian and I find ourselves outside, staring straight into another building. The sun shines bright, the rustling behind us comes back but never approaches us.

"Is this the gymnasium?" I ask Damian, staring at the building.

"That's what the map said," he says, remembering the image of the map. "Are you doubting my memory?"

"Very," I sigh, making my way towards the building's doors. "I can't even trust my memory, Dami."

"Tch. We have always known about that," he taunts, following after me.

"Shut-up," I comment, rolling my eyes, putting my hands on the door, and opening it. "Before I make you."

"What's stopping you?"

"They will be expecting two Wayne's, not one."

"Wayne," he whispers, entering the gymnasium with me.

"I see that you two are back," a woman with blond hair says, approaching us with a clipboard and a whistle around her neck. "Are you two aware of the trouble that you've caused at this school?"

We stare blankly at the lady as she begins to ramble on how we waste her time, how irresponsible we are, and how we should no longer attend school. Standing and listening to her rant for what had felt like forever, Damian and I begin to make our move, heading towards the two doors we see students entering and exiting.

"Hey! I'm not finished with you two!" the lady exclaims.

"We are," I say out loud, keeping my back towards her. Stopping near the two doors we notice how they are separated into two genders. "Something tells me that we would have to go separate ways for this."

Damian silently sighs at the thought. "Great," he mutters, walking towards the male's door, "People."

As Damian enters the male side, I enter the female side, instantly being hit with a burning sensation in my nostrils. I freeze, trying to collect my thoughts. "Fruity? Flowers? Pain." I walk further into the room, coming face to face with numerous females coating themselves with some sort of spray. I stare at them, cocking my eyebrow. "Is that what's filling the room with a putrid smell?" I ask, staring at the pink bottle of spray.