Grab Me

Demetria's P.O.V.:

My eyes slowly open, finding myself in a fetal position. I look side to side, finding nothing but darkness. I push myself off of the black floor, slowly turning around to figure out my surroundings. But once again—nothing. It's a miracle that I'm standing on a flat surface when everything looks the same as if I'm stuck in a room that goes on forever in all directions. Curious, I begin to walk in a random direction, hoping to come in contact with something, someone.

As I continue my mindless journey through the darkness, muffled words begin to surround me. The incoherent words sound like they're bouncing off a wall, echoing throughout the area, but there's no tangible surface for it to bounce off of. I continue to walk, trying my best to understand the words, only for them to go through my head like static.

Continuing to walk and decipher the sounds, I get caught off guard, stumbling and falling over a large object. I fall on the floor, rolling on the ground. I push myself up, a scowl on my face. "What the h—Dami?"

"Dee?" Damian groans, rubbing the back of his head, wincing in pain. "A simple 'hello' is sufficient enough as a greeting. Do you think not?"

"What are you doing on the ground?" I ask him, slowly approaching him. "Are you okay?"

"I'll manage." Damian sighs, sitting criss-cross on the ground, a sorrowful look on his face. "I thought I was the only one here."

I stand in front of my brother, slowly coming to a sitting position. We sit in silence, staring up at the darkness, letting the muffles enter our ears.

"What the hell are they saying?" I ask, still wonder who they are.

"I don't know," Damian whispers. "Is this the end?"

"End?" I ask. "Of what?"

"Our story."

I stare at Damian, seeing his stoic expression. His whole body is relaxed as he stares up, not affected by his own words. "What makes you think that?" I ask him.

"It's dark. And cold."

"But it doesn't mean it's the end," I retort. "Maybe we're just lost."

We continue to sit in silence, staring into the darkness.

"Dee?"

"Y-yeah?" I ask, fearful of what he's going to ask. His words of 'the end' being near taking over my brain.

"I think I'm going crazy—"

"You are crazy, but continue."

"Tch. As I was saying, I think I'm going crazy because I have no recollection of anything before this."

"Don't be ridiculous, Dami. You have to remember—" I stop mid-sentence, taken aback by my lack of words. "Remember...I don't remember." I clutch my head, staring at my feet. "Why don't I remember."

"I know we have a mother and a grandfather," Damian states. "We're fighters. Good ones, might I add. But that's about it. I don't even think I remember what our mother and grandfather look like. I just know they existed."

"What about a father?" I ask him.

"Tch. What makes you think I would know the answer to that?"

"Seeing as you have at least some recollection, I assumed that you knew something within the lines of having two parental figures rather than one."

"You assumed wrong, my dear sister."

"Assumed wrong indeed," I sigh.

The voices continue to echo, slightly irking us, but there is nothing we can do. We cannot figure out what they're saying, nor do we know their source.