Tick

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Lunch Time!" Jon sings, throwing his hands into the air as we exit the gymnasium.

"At least someone's happy," I point out, still trying to recover from the overpowering smell of perfume lingering in my nostrils.

"Are you not bothered by the smell, Jon?" Damian asks, his face scrunching in disgust. "It's quite strong."

"Not really," he says, shrugging his shoulders. "My mom wears perfume."

"But not enough to suffocate someone that is ten feet away," I argue. "I'm pretty sure that this is far more effective than tear gas or knock-out gas."

"I agree," Damian says. "Does this really not affect you?"

"No," Jon says. "Why does it affect you? It's just a different smell."

"That's the problem," he argues. "I'm not used to having my sister smell like lavender and strawberries in a summer breeze with a hint of vanilla, swimming on a Friday afternoon."

"...Friday afternoon? It's Monday—Oh. You were making fun of their names. I gotcha," he says, understanding Damian's words.

"At least it's a better name than all of the tools Father decided to name his," I point out.

"You think so? I think the names are pretty cool."

"Of course you would think that," Damian says, rolling his eyes.

We push the door open, greeted by the large, bustling room filled with students of many ages. Walking past the numerous stares, we make our way towards the table where Tim usually sits, finding him stuffing his face with a sandwich while nose deep into a large textbook.

"What are you doing, Drake?" Damian asks as we approach the table.

"Just some homework," he says, not bothering to take his head out of the textbook. "So," he says, taking a bite out of his sandwich, "how was school so far?"

"It was fun!" Jon exclaims.

"Ecstatic," I deadpan, rolling my eyes.

"Immaculate," Damian sighs.

"I see that you three enjoyed yourself," he says, closing his textbook. Tim looks around and leans towards us, whispering, "Did you guys find anything?"

"Yeah," I whisper back.

"So, what did you guys find?"

"That one of the students here can make ticking noises," Jon answers.

"Ticking noises?"

"Nguyen has connections with Luthor and that whole Justice League clone fiasco," I explain.

"He's a part of it," Damian says. "Or, it is a part of it."

"So what you found just clarifies that everything that Jason says as a joke is true," Tim points out. "Good to know."

"But what would Luthor want to do with this school?" I ask, taking a bite out of the sandwich that Alfred had packed for us.

"Maybe to take Father down," Damian says.

"Why?" Jon asks. "Does he know about your dad's night job?"

"No," Tim answers. "Lex Corp and Wayne Enterprises are rivaling companies, that's why."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. But why attack a school that has nothing to do with Wayne Enterprises?" he asks, chomping onto a banana.

"Bruce funds the majority of this school, Jon," Tim explains. "That and he's a big guy. Only an idiot would hear the name Bruce Wayne and stare in confusion."