First Day

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Thud.

"Wakey-Wakey! Eggs and Bakey!"

I feel a large hand touch me, beginning to shake me viciously.

"You don't wanna miss your first day of school!"

"Grayson," Damian growls from beside me. "If you don't shut the hell up, I will shove my katana down your throat with no hesitation," he says, the sound of him unsheathing his katana enters my ears.

"It's too early," I moan, taking the soft white sheets and placing them over my head. I turn over so that my back faces Dick, not wanting to leave the comfort of my own bed. I hear Damian fall back into the bed, finding his way back into a resting position.

"Come on!" Dick exclaims, going to the foot of the bed and ripping the sheets off of us.

"Grayson," I growl, slowly rising from my resting position. I turn my body to meet his eyes.

"Uh-oh," he says, dropping the blanket. "Help!" he yells, running out of the room.

"Tch. I'm going back to sleep." I fall back into bed, my head sinking into the white pillow.

"Someone's coming," Damian groans, hearing someone's footsteps approaching our room.

"Who is it?" I ask, nearly half-way into a sleeping state.

"I don't know," he whispers, nearly into a sleeping state.

"Must I grab the shotgun to take you two out of bed?"

I pick up my head and struggle to open my eyes. Through the small slits that I have managed to open, I find the blurry image of a man with white hair in a tuxedo. Paying no mind to it, I close my eyes again, falling into slumber.

"As you wish," the voice says.

The room falls silent, creating bliss for slumber. Sad to say, it was a temporary bliss.

The door is kicked open, startling Damian and me awake. We lay in bed with our eyes closed, aware of the sudden intrusion. Listening closely, we hear a cocking sound. The sound of a gun cocking.

Damian and I's eyes burst open, jumping out of bed to stand guard. We jump up, landing on the bed on our feet in a ready to attack position. In front of us standing Alfred with a shotgun.

I rub my eyes in confusion, trying to figure out whether or not what I'm seeing through my sleepy eyes are true. "Do you see Alfred with a shotgun?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, harder.

"Out of bed you two," Alfred says, resting the shotgun on his shoulder. "We do not have all day. We have an hour until we need to leave."

I look over to the nightstand with the clock. "It's 6:32 in the morning, Alfred. Why must we rise so early?"

"You have school, miss," he answers. "Now both of you, go freshen in the bathroom while I retrieve your clothing." Alfred walks out of the room, leaving us to gather our thoughts.

"You're going into the bathroom first," I groan, falling onto the bed, face planting onto the pillow.

"Tch. Why do I have to go first?" Damian complains.

"You're older," I point. "And I said so."

"But you're just going to go back to sleep!"

I stay silent, taking advantage of the few minutes I have left.

"Fine," Damian groans. "But because you did that, I'm going to take a quick shower."

I hear him enter the bathroom, mumbling and complaining to himself. The door shuts forcefully, causing the room to shake. Not a minute later, the water for the shower begins to run, indicating that he has started his morning. "I hope you fall asleep in the shower," I mutter as I am embraced by the darkness.