Back To School...Again

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"I'm soo excited!" he exclaims, bouncing in the seat next to me.

I turn my head towards and cock an eyebrow at the younger boy, finding it slightly amusing and annoying of his burst in energy.

"Sit still, Jon," Damian groans, closing his eyes. "School is nothing to be fond of."

"It's not that fun, I'll admit, but I'm going to a new school! A school where you guys go to!"

"There is still nothing you should be excited about, Jon."

It's been five days since we've been in school. Alfred has taken the obligation to drive the three of us to school on a horrid Monday morning. Why is he driving the three of us to school, you may ask? I don't know. All I know is that I woke up this morning, finding a Jon having a pancake eating competition with Dick in the kitchen, with Jason as the referee.

"Perhaps the young Master Jon would liven your school experience, sir," Alfred says, looking at the three of us through the rearview mirror.

"Our experience in that school is already lively, Alfred," I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Very lively," Tim says from the passenger seat, invested into whatever is on his phone.

"Really?!" Jon asks excitedly. "Are there school rallies and stuff like that?!"

"Rallies?" Damian and I ask.

"You mean like, a protest?" I ask.

"No, miss," Alfred interrupts. "A school rally is where the students and staff get together for a little show or school spirit, one would say."

"What he said," Tim says, typing on his device.

"...So a cult meeting?"

"No," Alfred says.

"Kind of," Tim says.

"Tch. I wouldn't be surprised if it is," Damian mutters, turning his head towards the window and staring out in boredom.

"Are schools in Gotham different from schools in Metropolis?" Jon asks Alfred with slight concern.

"Afraid so, sir. Afraid so," he sighs, shaking his head.

A few minutes have passed, and we finally arrived at the school. Parking the vehicle in front of the property, Alfred walks out of the driver's seat and opens the door before Jon could even touch it himself.

"I could've opened it, Alfred," Jon says, jumping out of the car. The wind lightly flows through his hair, exposing a little more of his forehead.

"I know you can, sir," he responds as Damian and I calmly climb out of the vehicle, attracting the attention of the numerous students within the school property.

"Then why didn't you let me open the door? It's just a simple grab, pull, and push."

"If I had let you," Alfred says, shutting the car door, "then I wouldn't have this job."

"Wait," Jon says. "You have a job?"

Damian and I stare at him questioningly.

"I am the butler of the family," Alfred says.

Jon's eyes go wide, taken aback from the words leaving the older man's mouth. He snaps his head towards us and points at Alfred. "He's a butler?!"

"What did you think he was?" I ask him.

"Your grandpa!"

Damian and I look at each other, cocking an eyebrow, thinking about what he had just said. We turn our heads back to him and nod our heads. "He technically is," I point out.