Gone

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Damian and I stare at the two figures with wide-eyes, slowly rising to our feet.

"What are you doing here?" Damian growls, glaring at the people in front of us. "How did you get in here?"

"This is not our first time being here, Damian."

"Once Father hears that you're here—"

"He won't. And I'll make sure of that." She raises her gun, aiming it at us. "We just want to talk."

"Then talk," I spit. "What does our oh-so-great mother and grandfather need to speak about that is so urgent?"

Mother and Grandfather stay silent, staring at us, most likely gathering their thoughts. "Persuading you to join us will no longer work," Grandfather states.

"And neither will kidnapping us," Damian adds.

"I allowed you both to stay with your father with the intent of you two learning something," Mother states, his eyes full of anger. "But it seems that the only thing that you two have learned is disrespect."

"Tch. That's still considered learning something."

"The goal was for you two to learn your Father's ways all while using what you learned from the League of Assassins. And using those skills to take over the League of Assassins."

"We'll take over," I answer, staring straight into our Grandfather's eyes. "Just not the way you had intentionally thought. We're going to change the League."

"You would need to take over first," Grandfather argues, glaring straight at me. "And you know that's not possible as long as I'm still around."

"Tch. We can still take you down," Damian argues.

"Putting us behind bars won't do anything, Damian," Mother says, keeping her gun pointed at us. "And you know that."

As Damian continues to bicker back and forth with the older figures, I take small, slow steps back towards the Batcomputer. Walking backward, I keep my face stoic, eyes on Grandfather and Mother, making sure that my movements are small and unnoticeable. However, that's what I thought they were.

Grandfather's eyes were glued to Damian as he spoke, but they quickly darted to me, noticing the large gap between Damian and me. "Demetria!"

My eyes slightly widen in surprise, gasping at the sudden catch. My eyes darted from Grandfather to Mother, seeing that her eyes quickly darted to me. Seeing that gun quickly moving in my direction, I quickly turn around, putting my hands on the keyboard of the computer. From there, I quickly send out an SOS call, an alarm, indicating a disturbance in the cave to not only Father but the whole League. Hitting the enter key, the signal goes straight to their devices in an instant. I quickly look up at the broken monitor, seeing the reflection of Mother aiming her gun straight at me. Without hesitation, I jump to the side as she pulls the trigger, getting a bullet straight to my shoulder.

"Dee!" Damian yells, watching me stumble to catch my balance. Seeing me fine and alive, he runs towards Mother, kicking the gun out of her hand and attacking her.

I hold my shoulder to stop the bleeding. I reach for the hem of my shirt, ripping the fabric, enough to wrap my shoulder but keep my clothing intact. I wrap my shoulder, tightening the wrap with my hand and teeth, quietly seething from the pain. I lift my head, seeing Grandfather staring at me.

"You always make things difficult." He reaches from behind him, his sheath coming into view. He pulls his sword out of the sheath, pointing it towards me. "You have tainted your brother. I expected more from you."