Father's Intuition

Demetria's P.O.V.:

The moon shines brightly in the night sky, illuminating the whole compound. Swiftly, Damian and I avoid being seen by soldiers on duty. We pull the hood attached to our training attire over our heads, hiding our faces. With Damian in front, guiding us to the prisoner's holding with me behind him in case of a sudden attack, we run quietly through the shadows.

Running through and the outside training area, we stop, hiding behind pillars when encountering assassins. Damian stops instantly, grabbing me by the arm and pulling me towards him. Our backs lay on the pillar, our eyes peering around the object, watching as the assassins walk by, not noticing us at all. Once they're far enough, Damian and I make a break for it. We ran to the prisoners, slowing our pace at the entrance to the underground holding.

"Wait," I call out, putting my arm out to stop Damian. "There might be assassins down there on duty."

Damian looks at me and then back to the dark entrance. "So what do you recommend we do? I can't still with that dream replaying in my mind over and over again. I need answers," he growls, clenching his fists.

"We'll jump them," I propose.

"And if that doesn't work out?"

"We're going to knock them out, one way or another." I begin to make my way through the entrance, making my way down the stairs with Damian trailing behind me. Reaching the bottom of the steps, I stop in my tracks making sure to stay in the dark, where the lights from the torches don't reach.

Staying in the dark, Damian stands beside me, staring into the hallway. "There's three of them," he whispers. "Quite pitiful if I do say so myself."

"Why do you say that?" I ask, seeing that they all stand at ease, two on the left side while the other stands on the right. Their backs to the prisoners on their respective sides, but on high alert.

"Is it necessary to have three on guard? Normally, Grandfather only assigns at least one, two max."

"Normally," I remind him. "But these prisoners aren't your normal enemies."

"That's true."

As we're conversing, my eyes catch the youngest prisoner, peeking his head out of the metal bars, well however far his head could reach. The boy's head turns making eye-contact with me. His eyes widen, a flash of emotion runs across his eyes as a small smile finds its way onto his face.

"He knows that we're here," I whisper, staring back at the younger boy.

The boy's head snaps to one of the assassins, his eyes widening in the realization of his mistake. He quickly pulls his head back into the cell, his face no longer seen.

Once he has pulled his head back into his cell, the guard that has stood opposite from his, breaks his stance, making his way over to us. The other two guards watch in curiosity as their fellow assassin investigates the area that the younger boy was looking so happily at.

"Tch. We're compromised," Damian growls, getting ready to attack.

"Don't," I tell him, grabbing his arm, pulling him back. I begin to take a few steps back, further into the darkness. With a smirk on my face, I tell him my plan, "Take him down."

"Hmph. And here I thought you had some brilliant plan," he complains. A small smirk appears on his face as he readies himself. "But I don't mind."

We wait quietly as the assassin slowly approaches us. Once he steps foot into the dark, Damian and I reach out towards him, grabbing him by his attire and attacking.