Bonus chapter - 4 : the retrieval of Gaara (part 1)

Three years prior to the current events in the story, Sunagakure went through a short but terrifying crisis. This is the story of how Gaara almost lost his life to the Akatsuki.
.
.
.
Villagers watched in horror as their beloved Kage was heavily bleeding. The rogue shinobi that put the young man in such a state also appeared to be in a deplorable shape himself. His left sleeve had been ripped, along with his arm and was now floating in the harsh wind of the desert.

Despite this pitiful state, Deidara had no trouble picking Gaara up and flying away with his unconscious body.

A few hours later, team Kakashi stood in the Kage's mansion, taking in the worrisome news regarding both Gaara and Kankuro.
"- Could you take us to Kankuro, please ? I believe I can help, said Suzuka.

Temari took them to the room where Kankuro was being nursed. The screams of pain were unbearable and the medics looked completely confused and panicked.

- May I take a look at him ?

Suzuka was about to examine the poisoned shinobi when a loud commotion came from behind her. She turned around and saw an elderly lady threatening her teacher, ranting about some white fangs.

"Wait, isn't that..."

- White Fang was my father.

Tenten, Suzuka and Higure winced at the mention of the deceased shinobi, aware of how touchy the topic was for their sensei.

After that, lady Chiyo watched in silence as Suzuka handled Kankuro.

- How is it ?

- Judging from the symptoms, it's probably heavy metal poisoning. While it's a bother, the cure will be quite easy to produce.

- I doubt that ! Producing a cure would require knowing the poison's components.

- Not when you have a Bijū.

- Wait, Suzu...

- I'm going to be out of commission for a few days but it's ok.

- But...

- I'll be fine.

- We don't believe you but you won't listen anyway, will you ?

- No, sorry. Please, everyone, leave the room so we'll avoid contamination's as much as possible.

Everybody did as instructed aside from Kakashi, Chiyo and two medics.
Then before anyone could react, Suzuka grabbed a needle and punctured Kankuro's arm with it. Blood flowed from the vein to the needle and once it was full, Suzuka injected it inside her own vessels.

- What are you doing ?!

- Immunotherapy.

- Even as a Bijū, there's a limit to what you can take !

- Actually, there isn't, I'll be fine in a few hours. Once I am, we can inject some of my blood in Kankuro's body and he'll be good. If we have enough time, I can even make an antidote using my blood.

Everyone looked at her like she was insane while Kakashi was sighing in defeat.

- C'mon, let's take you to your room, you won't be doing so good in a few minutes. Tenten and Higure are probably already working on a retrieval strategy so you don't have to worry with this.

Kakashi supported his little sister as they made their way out of the room, nodding at the medics who nodded back and resumed their work.

In another room, Higure was sitting on the edge of a window with a frown. Tenten looked at him and sighed.