Sasuke's plan

< Wowie ! Would look at that, another chapter in one week ! Isn't that neat ? I'm quite proud of myself.
Anyway, I hope everyone's having a nice day, take of yourselves and your loved ones and enjoy reading !
I don't think I'll ever own Naruto...😢 >

_______

Sasuke winced as he heard both Ino and Sakura shriek so high the sound kept ringing in his ears for thirty seconds. He gazed around him and noted everyone's reaction.
Tetsuya looked worried but he seemed to have known it already.
Hinata, Shikamaru, Neji and Shino looked like they had had a hunch for a while but only got it confirmed now.
Chôji looked a bit surprised, but not shocked.
Sai's face was as neutral as ever, perhaps even more, suggesting he had a lot on his mind.
Kiba's mouth was stupidly hanging open, he looked brain dead. So did Lee.
Ino stood wide eyed, her voice stuck in her throat after her initial scream.
Sakura looked surprisingly angry. Furious even.

" - I TOLD YOU SO !!! I TOLD YOU SHE WAS A FUCKING DEMON !! NONE OF YOU BELIEVED ME !! THIS IS WERE YOUR "SHE'S OUR FRIEND" BULLSHIT LED US !! WE'RE GOING IN A VILLAGE WERE A FUCKING DEMON AND THEIR OFFSPRING ARE WORSHIPPED LEADERS ! WE'RE ALL GOING TO GET MURDERED !!

- If you keep screaming such nonsense, you will get killed !

- What ? That's not the issue here !

- It is the issue ! Sakura, we knew Naru - erm, Suzuka - was the Kyūbi's Jinchūriki and it didn't change the opinion we had of her. The fact she actually is said bijū's daughter is pretty irrelevant.

- What ? But... But she's a demon !

- Tsunade-sama also mentioned Ôtsutsuki Kurama is the matriarch of the Uzumaki clan. They never attacked or retaliated against Konoha despite how they were treated here. It might be wiser to rethink our opinion on the Kyūbi.

- Then Uzumaki are demons just as much as that monster !

- Sakura !

The pinkette jumped back as Tsunade slammed her fist against the desk. Her eyes were casting flames at the 'banshee'.

- Haruno Sakura, my own grandmother was an Uzumaki. The Uzumaki clan and the Senju clan both originate from the Rikudô Sennin. She deserves respect and gratitude, especially from a little brat who's too delusional to acknowledge she should train rather than put on tons of make-up to seduce some arrogant asshole who will never love her !

It wasn't the first time Sakura had been called out on her behaviour, but to hear such strong words from her Kage should have had some effect, shouldn't it ?
Well, it did have an effect but not the one they all expected : instead of crying, Sakura glared at the older woman with a wrath no one knew she could muster.

- I see. So I'm the one who's supposed to be delusional. Well, when those 'people' will backstab you, it will be too late to rethink what you just said. All of you seem persuaded that Naru is your friend. This just proves how foolish you are. With how everyone has treated her, the most you could get from her is partnership. Do you really believe she trusts you ? When no one ever helped her ? For her - and her village, you're all potential threats. And she knows it. She won't acknowledge it but she doesn't trust any of you. She managed to fool you into thinking she was just some nice girl but, as much as I loathe to admit it, she's very smart. She wouldn't have survived in this village otherwise. And she's a bijū. Which means she's dangerous. Do you think she'll forgive you ? Do you ? It's about as realistic as that so-called alliance you want to make with Uzushio ! They're playing you and you're diving head first in the trap ! I won't ever trust them, and you shouldn't either.

With that said, Sakura left the room silently. Everyone was dumbfounded by the scene.
Sasuke thought to himself that it was quite surprising to see Sakura behave like this.

" I thought she was just a delusional gold-digging bitch but she can actually think from times to times... What she said does make sense. Naru's behavior was even colder than it used to be back when we were team seven. And even at that time, she wouldn't share her secrets so easily. She must truly loathe this village...
That's a good thing, in fact... I might be able to do something with that. She hates Konoha... This tournament is a golden occasion, I'll be able to talk to her in private without having Kakashi or anyone interfere. If everything goes according to plan, Naru will soon be my wife while Itachi will no longer be a problem. As for Konoha... Well, it can't be helped. Though watching it burn to the ground will bring me satisfaction. "

After that, Tsunade dismissed them, absent-minded. She seemed to be bothered by Sakura's words.
The rookie 9 went to Yakiniku Q (it was becoming a habit) to discuss what had just transpired but he left them without a word. He had better things to do and they wouldn't miss him.

Back at the Uchiha compound, he started making plans and preparations for the tournament. He needed to have everything down when they would leave the village - in other words, the next morning.
When the morning came, he hadn't slept at all but he was ready to put his plan into action.

He stood at the gate early. Only Tetsuya, Lee and Neji were already there. They eyed each other warily. Truth to be told, they either hated or distrusted each other. The ambiance was tense and the first one to arrive, namely Shikamaru, did nothing to defuse the situation. In his own words, it was "too bothersome".
Asuma arrived next and his first reflex was to leave as soon as he saw them. He would have done so if Gai hadn't (un)conveniently shown up and grabbed him before he could.
Soon, all the participants were here, along with Tsunade, Jiraiya, the elders and the council. All of them were going to head to the Iron country so many villagers gathered to bid them goodbye.

The group passed the gate and started walking down the path between the trees.
Suddenly, a seal in front of them glowed and in a flash, a woman appeared in front of them.

"Greetings, everyone. I'm here to escort you to the Iron country through this seal. It will be much faster and less tiring. Now, shall we ?"

Before them stood Ôtsutsuki Suzuka, a polite smile on her face.

Without her henge.