A new mission

< Hi everyone ! I did a little drawing of Kurama and she ends up looking like this. I'm sorry, it will remain like this until I find the courage to use my pencils to color the picture (I don't know how to do it with a computer 😅) so wait a bit more please !
I don't own Naruto but I own Higure (now that sounds cool) ! Hope you'll enjoy !>
________

Sasuke was standing on the roof of his now rebuilt compound. At eighteen years old, he was without a doubt a powerful and respected shinobi in his village. Not much had changed since he was a genin : shinobi respected him, civilians loved him and girls worshipped him.
And yet, he still felt unsatisfied. The reason ? He was stuck in a village he didn't care about, his brother was still alive and the only woman he had ever been interested in had left five years ago. He kept trying to locate her but she was still eluding him and it was getting on his nerves.

He was brought out of his reverie by a loud shriek. The "last" Uchiha sighed and walked away. It most likely was a fangirl that had been caught in a trap.

He went to his library and read once more the ancient texts passed on by his ancestors. The Rinnegan was the key to salvation for his clan. In other words, the child he would have with Naru would save his clan. It was his utmost priority to kill Itachi though, he couldn't risk having his brother kill his new family.
He silently cursed the village for banishing Naru. It just add to an already complicated situation... And of course, Kakashi had to leave with her ! Sasuke had struggled to find a decent teacher that would accept to teach him since then. Neither Jiraiya, Asuma nor Gai wanted to be involved with him. Kurenai obviously wasn't a good teacher either, she only mastered genjutsu and he had the sharingan. All the other jônin were weak. His only option had been Danzô. Not an ideal solution but it was better than nothing.

As for partners to train with... Well, it was very disappointing. The strong ones made sure not to be involved with him in any way and the others, he swatted them away like flies.
What a bother... He should have tried to leave again.

* Time skip *

There was a meeting at the Hokage tower. Tsunade seemed to have important news so even Uchiha Sasuke had to be on time. He walked slowly in the streets of the compound and heard a lot of pained cries and struggle. He just then remembered that someone might have been caught in his trap. He reluctantly walked over there and was greeted by someone he wished had died years ago :

" - Sasuke-kun ! You're here ! Someone put traps in your compound, can you help me out, please ?

- I'm the one who put them, Haruno.

- Really ? No wonder they were so well hidden !

- ... People use the same for rabbits, you know ? Anyway, untangle yourself, we have a meeting in ten minutes at the Hokage tower, remember ?

- Eh ? But Sasuke-kun, wait !

He had already left though so Sakura remained here trying to get out of the net she was suspended in.

At the Hokage tower, all the rookie nine along with team Gai and their sensei were waiting for Tsunade and Jiraiya.
Tsunade finally entered the room, a smile on her face.

" - Thanks for being here, everyone. I have some good news : we have finally spotted Naru, Kakashi and Tenten.

Everyone started whispering, either excitedly or worriedly.
The Godaime promptly silenced them to continue.