Tetsuya's contemplation

< Hi everyone ! My connection is so bad, it's a miracle I managed to get this app working in the first place... Hope the chapter will still be updated 😅
Anyway, this is the 41st chapter, I can't believe we're already there ! And yet, it's far from over so please keep reading !
I hope you'll enjoy and take care ! >

__________

" - Why ? Why did you abandon her ?

To say Kushina didn't expect that question would be an understatement. She was stunned for a solid ten seconds before finally registering what was happening.

- W-what kind of question is that ?...

- ...Naru told me she considered the Uzukage to be her mother. Because she took care of her the way a mother would.

Tetsuya turned to face his own mother, face contorted in pain and anguish.

- That woman did for her what we should have done ! So why ? Why weren't we there for Naru ? Why did you abandon her ?!

- That's... That's not something you can understand... It's so...

- Okaa-san, I'm eighteen, I work as a jônin and I have to commit atrocities daily for the sake of this village that would give nightmares to any sane human being. So whatever it is, I doubt I'd be traumatized.

- S-still ! I can't-

- Why ? Why can't you tell me ? If you have a good reason, I can understand it !

- No ! No, you can't ! You're my son, why would you want to know that ?!

- W-what ? What does it have to do with this matter ?

- I won't tell you and that's final ! Now stop harassing me !

Tetsuya remained silent for a moment. Then suddenly, he sighed and his gaze met Kushina's. Her breath was caught in her throat as her son looked at her with nothing but disdain and disgust.

- You just didn't want to take care of her. She was a bother to you. Because she was a Jinchūriki and it would reflect poorly on you, right ?

- What ?... No, Tetsu, that's not...

- Then why ?

Kushina opened her mouth but said nothing. She just stood there. Tetsuya shook his head in disappointment.

- I knew it. You know, since I was a kid, I always wondered why you would never acknowledge my opinion, my thoughts, even my tastes. If it isn't what you like or think, then it's rubbish. I thought it was because you knew better and you were convinced it was best for me. When you would compare yourself to me and look down on my abilities, I thought it was to show me I could do better. When you criticized everything I did without asking for your opinion beforehand, I thought you were worried. When you kept telling me I was just a child, I thought I was lacking in maturity. No matter what, I never doubted you. Even when you told me I only needed you in my life. But then I met Naru. She was... different. There was Tenten first of course. She treated me like an actual individual and not someone's son or brother. She had respect for me. She listened to me and she let me speak. And then Naru... We didn't talk that much, but in a few minutes, she understood me better than you ever did and she supported me like I always hoped you would. She didn't buy me anything and yet what she did is more precious than any gift you gave me : she stood up for me.

- And you're fine with that ?! This-this little demon ! You're grateful for something she did ?! I'm your mother, Tetsuya, you owe me life !! You should be grateful toward me ! Why do you care about what the people in the village say about her, it's none of your concern ! If anything, they're right about her being a demon ! Her mother is the Kyūbi ! That monster took advantage of my kindness to use my body to conceive a child with your father and now there's one more of those wretched demons in the wild !

- "Take advantage of your kindness" ? What kindness ? You are selfish and self-centered ! You care for no one, not even your children !

- You have no right to say that ! I raised you the best I could and this is how you thank me ? By insulting me in my own house ?!

- You raised me to look like a good mother !

- To... look like ?!

- Yes, because then people would think you're a good person ! You abandoned Naru so the hatred of the villagers wouldn't spread to you. You raised me to be obedient and to look like you so people would think you're a good mother whom I look up to. You never did anything to prevent people from spatting on me because then you'd look like you defend a demon. Instead, you played the role of the poor woman who was cursed with two monstrous babies but tries to love them anyway ! You like this, don't you ? The feeling of people pitying you.

- Tetsuya, for the last time, stop disrespecting me !!

- You only get the respect you deserve.

A loud slap echoed in the living room of the ancient mansion of the Uzumaki clan. The young boy's cheek was growing red, the trace of long fingers lingering on his skin.
Kushina immediately stepped back, regretting her gesture. Her son wasn't looking at her - or anything else. He was seemingly lost in thoughts.

- Oh my goodness ! My poor Tetsu, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to !

She reached out to stroke his face but he batted her hand away, still not looking at her. He closed his eyes and sighed.

- You can drop the act, now. Save it for your friends from the council.

He turned around to leave the house. Kushina rushed after him, calling out his name. He grabbed the doorknob of the front door but paused for a second before exiting.

- The truth is, you are unable to love anyone but yourself. "

The door closed on the red haired boy, leaving his mother speechless behind.

* Time skip *

The time flew by very fast after his dispute with his mother. She refused to speak to him - which didn't exactly helped convincing him he was wrong - and he did his best to avoid her.
On the other hand, he spent more time with other shinobi, especially the rookie 9 and Lee and Neji. He particularly enjoyed talking with Neji, Shikamaru and Shino. They were quiet so it was nice to be with them. Hinata's presence was soothing : she was a bit shy but she was very nice and caring. Kiba, Lee, Ino and Chôji were louder but still good friends. Tetsuya still had a tense relationship with Kiba but it was getting better. Sakura and Sasuke still wouldn't talk to him though. Sakura thought he was a demon and Sasuke was pretty asocial.
He had also met three teenagers that had known his sister quite well. Konohamaru was especially fond of her and it was quite endearing to see him talk about her like he was still a ten years old boy.

Soon enough, the time for the tournament came and the teams headed for the place were it would be held : the Iron country. Apparently, the Uzukage had managed to negotiate this with them.

Just before they left, Tsunade gathered them in her office.

" - Since we are going to this tournament, it's only fitting for you to know who we'll be meeting.
The Uzukage and her daughter are people well known in this village.

- The Uzukage ? Who could it be ?

- Not Naru ?

- She couldn't have a daughter our age, it's not her.

- No... The Uzukage is Ôtsutsuki Kurama, also know as the Kyūbi no Kitsune and the founder of the Uzumaki clan. Her daughter is Ôtsutsuki Namikaze Suzuka, formerly known in this village as Uzumaki Naru. "

There was a moment of silence. Then Hell broke loose.