Bonus chapter 5 - The retrieval of Gaara (part 2)

<Maybe it's because spring is finally here or because my semester is over in three weeks, but I want to write, read and draw all day long ! I'm back on tracks and soon I'll be able to get back on the main story.
I just realized I put a filler in a fanfic... I'm so sorry !!!
Anyway, have a nice day and I hope you'll enjoy !>
________

" - Why are you so persistent, un ?

- Is that an actual question ?

Both shinobi came to a stop, the one in the air throwing small clay figures at the one below. Explosions resonated in the forest, smoke filling the air and the lungs of the two opponents.

A strange sound caught Deidara's attention and he swiftly turned around only to see a lightning bolt spiraling toward him. Only his finely tuned reflexes allowed him to evade the blow.

Or so he thought-

- Gah-!

The blonde nukenin jumped from his falling clay bird onto a nearby tree. But his opponent was far from done :

- Katon : Gôkyaku no jutsu !

Deidara was once again forced to dodge and threw another batch of bombs in order to distract the other shinobi.

He jumped off his now useless giant clay bird and gathered the substance back to make a new one. Which proved to be quite the challenge while being under constant fire.

- Will you stop that ?!

- So you can get back on that goddamn bird of yours ? Not a chance !

Deidara suddenly lifted his arm, prompting his adversary into getting in a defensive stance.

But nothing happened. Or rather, the Konoha nin didn't see anything happen. But seconds later-

- Katsu !

A loud tremor shook the entire area as hundreds of minuscule bombs blew up simultaneously. There was nothing left of the area - or of that enemy shinobi for that matters. Deidara was gazing down at the scene of destruction, a smug look on his face. He commanded his remade bird to get nearer the ashes of that-

- Wait, how can there be nothing left ?...

A loud, high-pitched sound, like a thousand birds, was his final answer.

- H-how...?

A hand thrust in his chest, Deidara tried to understand what had just happened. He blinked several times, trying to focus on the face of his opponent, a face that remained hidden by a large hoodie during the whole fight.

- Unfortunately for you, I'm not a Kage and I have lightning affinity so...

The young man lifted his head and peering through the shadows on his face were two glowing red orbs. Deidara blinked again, not wanting to believe what was in front of his eyes.

"Of all people..."

- Seems like the tables have turned.

Higure retracted his hand out of the rogue shinobi's chest, letting him fall on the ground.

"Of all people, it had to be an Uchiha... Why... Those eyes..."

And those were Deidara's last thoughts.

__________

"- Ok, so that wasn't exactly part of the plan !...

- Which part, the Sandaime Kazekage being a puppet or Sasori himself being a puppet ?

- I'll let you choose !

Tenten and Kakashi weren't in a very comfortable situation to say the least : Sasori had shed away his protective armor - which they thought was his actual body - and was now attacking them with a puppet magnetically controlling iron powder.