Hinata's resolve

< I'm on a roll, guys ! A third chapter in four days ! And it's longer than usual ! I have to find motivation to do the same with my other fics...
Anyway, have a nice day and take care ! >

_____

Hinata was currently admiring the arena for the tournament. It was gigantic and she felt like an ant compared to it.
She was brought back to reality by the voice of Na- Suzuka instructing them to follow her inside.

When Tsunade-sama had said Suzuka was Ôtsutsuki Kurama's daughter, she hadn't quite realised it meant she shared her species and features. The golden tail and ears were so prominently showing it was obvious the blond kunoichi wanted them to know she was a Kitsune. She was proud of it. Knowing her, she might even enjoy the shock and disgust on the villagers' faces.
Truth to be told, Hinata had been a bit surprised at first but she thought Suzuka looked cute this way. Her hair was a darker shade than what it used to be, probably because of the foxy features ?

They eventually got to the middle of the arena. There stood already the teams from Suna, Kiri and Hoshi. Taki, Kumo and Iwa were yet to come. A few people who were from Uzushio seemed to be accompanying them the way Suzuka did.
She recognized Kakashi with Kiri, Tenten with Suna but the boy leading Hoshi was someone she didn't know. His face was hidden by a large hoodie.

All the remaining teams arrived shortly after that and the Kage gathered together. The Uzukage was the first one to speak.

" - Welcome to you all for the Shinobi Tournament and thank you for coming. I am the Uzukage, Ôtsutsuki Kurama, and the one to have suggested this event. I will now explain the conduct of the tournament.

Everyone nodded in understanding. The council of Konoha members had gritted their teeth though. They had a lot to say but not the right to utter a word.

- The tournament consists of five different parts. The first one is held here, in the Iron country as Mifune-san nicely accepted our demand. The second one will take place in Suna. The third will be in Kiri, the fourth one in Kumo. Finally, the last part will be held in Uzushio. Each part will be detailed four hours before it begins. The duration, location, goal and rules will vary for each one. You'll have one day to discover the land you'll be in each time we move to a new location. Any participant that is incapacitated will be disqualified. Also...

Suddenly, Kurama's eyes glinted dangerously, making all the others gulp nervously.

- We don't take responsibility for any possible death. As shinobi, I hope you all understand this kind of risks are part of your job. You are expected to behave appropriately in each and every situation.

As suddenly as it appeared, the dangerous aura surrounding Kurama disappeared. She put on a polite smile and showed with a gesture the Uzushio shinobi that had accompanied the groups.

- Now, those shinobi from my village are all very knowledgeable of each village and of the tournament. If you have any question, you may address them. They will lead you to your hotel if you don't have any question.

A short silence followed the end of her little speech. She nodded, bid them goodbye and went away with her own delegation.

A samurai joined each group to help the Uzushio nin in showing the guests around.

* Suna's group *

" - Please follow me, I will show you the town around.

- It's been quite some time, hasn't it Tenten ?

- Indeed, but it's always a pleasure to see you, Temari ! You too, Lord Kazekage.