Duels

< Hi everyone ! Onto the fifth and final trial ! With this, the first arc will be over and we'll move onto the next one. I have so many things planned and we're already at almost a hundred chapters, that's insane ! But hey, so long as you enjoy and I enjoy it, I guess we're fine. Still not owning but I do own my OCs and my plot, I just realized this !
Anyway, hope you'll enjoy and thanks for reading as always ! >
____

Triggers: none.
Topic : character introspection / action.
Warning ⚠️ : mentions of the Sakura incident.

____

A loud thud echoed in the crowded room. Shocked stares and gaping mouths rested on the faces of all who were present. Why would he do that ? And to that person ? It made no sense ! It made no sense...
No one in the room dared say a word. They just stood there, stupor on their face. Even Kurama seemed taken aback by this sudden development - but just as quickly as the expression had appeared on her features, it was replaced by a serious one.

And all at once, all the Uzushio shinobi tensed. Like a knee jerk reaction, the ones from Konoha rose their guard as well. It looked like a fight was about to start when a laughter erupted in the crowd.
An annoyed, almost disappointed laughter.

It sounded hollow, like it came out on its own without any meaning nor intention behind it. Despite being so quiet, it rang so loud it caught everyone's attention.

As the laughter died down, the annoyed edge of the voice it stemmed from became more pronounced. That same voice then called out to the man who was shakily standing up behind his fellow shinobi.

" - I can't believe you. You really thought- this would be hilarious if you weren't doing that kind of shit every. Single. Time.

- I-

- I'm not done ! Shut up and listen for once. You are a selfish, self-centered moron who'd rather spit on those who support him rather than acknowledge he cares for them. You keep talking about revenge and clan duty but now we can see all that actually amounts for : you never cared about anyone besides yourself. Whether it's a teammate, a friend or a family member, you'd crush them without batting an eye lash if they stood in your way.

- Like you're one to talk ! Tell us, what happened with Sakura ?

- Wh-

- She kept wailing your name in her sleep and you've been out of it since the end of the third trial. Did you do something ? Surely you couldn't have abandoned her in a time of need, could you ? You're not that kind of trash-

The accusation was cut short as yet another punch collided with Sasuke's jaw. He fell backward, the Konoha nin gasping in shock. Suzuka stood frozen a few feet away, her expression unreadable. Sasuke's eyes darted between her and his attacker and all of a sudden his eyes widened in realization.

- Of course it was him... I should have known that only someone like you would encourage her behavior regardless of what she does.

Everyone stared in confusion between Sasuke and the shinobi that had just punched him in the face. Some were confused as to who exactly Sasuke was referring to, some about how he knew of his opponent's identity and some wondered what he meant by "encouraging her behavior".
The man facing him, his face still hidden by his hoodie, chuckled lowly though it was obvious humor was completely missing from this atmosphere.

- It's rather amusing how you still don't get such an obvious thing after so many years.

He walked up to Sasuke, stopping just a few inches from and looked down at him. He was a good two inches taller and that didn't help with the weight of his stare on the seething Uchiha.