The scarecrow, his rival and his student

< Ok, so... It didn't go as planned. I'm sorry, I'm such a disaster, this chapter has been started on Saturday but I only update now ! I'll post another chapter to try to make it up to you. Anyway, it's about to go down and it's going to be so much fun to write ! I hope you still reading, I know I do enjoy writing !
Thanks for reading, take care and have a nice day !

I still don't own Naruto...>

_______

Gai was a simple, happy go lucky guy with a peculiar yet friendly behavior. He was good at cheering people up and making them strive to improve themselves. Overall, he was agreeable as long as you don't mind the noise.
On the other hand, it also meant he was very bad at defusing tense situations, being a bit too goofy for that. And he wasn't exactly at ease in those situations.

Which led to his current predicament : awkwardly walking between Kakashi and Sasuke, both being utterly silent while visiting Uzushio.
The green clad jônin had no idea how to break the silence as all his previous attempts were answered to by a fierce glare from both parties.

Eventually, someone spoke up but it wasn't him.

" - Where is she ?

The tension became so thick it was hard to breathe. Kakashi looked murderous and it looked as if it took him all of his strength and willpower not to end the Uchiha survivor right on the spot.

- Who ?

- You know who I'm referring to, Kakashi. Where is Naru ?

- That's none of your concern.

- It's not up to you to decide this.

- It is. Legally and morally, it is. So shut up, brat, before I kick your ass out of the village.

- How dare y-

- Wow, what's this ?

Gai pointed at a street stand in a desperate attempt to defuse the discussion. The two other men looked at him in confusion.

- ... It's a ramen stand, Gai.

- A-ah ! W-what about we eat there ? I'm starving !

He laughed awkwardly on his own. He was the only one. Kakashi sighed and sat at the booth silently. Sasuke seemed to hesitate but sat nonetheless. Gai smiled and joined them, quickly ordering pork ramen.

- So, how are you doing Kakashi ?

- Fine.

- How is life in Uzushio ?

- Good.

- Are you still a jônin here ?

- Yes.

- H-how are Naru and Tenten doing ?

- Fine.

- I-is... Is their training going well ?

- Yes.

- Uh... Do you miss Konoha ? Even a little bit ?

- No.

The swift, harsh answer finally silenced the green beast of Konoha.
All of a sudden, Sasuke slammed his hands on the counter and stood up abruptly, making his chair fall in a loud thud.

- Why won't you let me see Naru ?!

Kakashi gripped the counter brutally, snapping it between his white knuckles. He stood up slowly, his head down. He was slightly trembling, oozing a suffocating amount of KI.
Everyone in the street went silent. It was never a good sign when Kakashi was this pissed.
Said silver haired shinobi turned his head toward Sasuke, his right eye shining dangerously.

- Listen well, Uchiha. I have already told you not to approach her. Yet you keep insisting... You ask why I won't let you near my little sister ? Why ? Is this some kind of questionable joke ? You are the very reason why she was banished in the first place. You never respected her and often insulted her. You never did anything for her and yet you have the gall to ask me why I won't let you see Naru ? I really fail to see why everyone considers you a clever person when you clearly are an egotistical, egocentric moron.

The air seemed to have frozen. Gai's eyes went from one to the other wildly, knowing things were about to go down.
Sasuke's fists tightened to the point he bled. He walked up to his former sensei and grabbed his collar.

- Look, Kakashi... I have a goal. A very simple one. And I won't let anyone get in my way, not you, not this village nor anybody else. I need to see Naru and I will. With or without your permission !

- You dare utter such words in this village where she is revered as royalty... You really are out of your mind. Tsunade made a mistake by allowing you to take part in this mission, you just ruined it all.

- Royalty ? What a joke ! I'm an Uchiha, no matter what you peasants think, you can't lift a hand on me. Unless you want to go at war with Konoha ?

- I doubt you would win considering the pitiful state it now is in, Teme.

The three shinobi turned around to see where the familiar voice was coming from.
Suzuka stood there, her arms crossed over her chest as she glared at her former teammate.

- Suzuka ! Why are you here ? You shouldn't have come !

- Don't worry, Kakashi-nii. My discussion with Tetsuya is done so I went to see what you were doing. I didn't really expect you to be fighting against that asshole in the middle of the street.

- Naru !

Suzuka sighed as she watched Sasuke walk up to her. He stopped right in front of her, his expression unreadable.

- So you finally decided to show up.

- Move, Uchiha, I'm not here for you. Don't start trouble in the village or we'll have to kick you out.

- Naru, I have to tell you something in private.

- Like I said, it's none of my business. I have other things to do and you are in no position to demand anything. Just go home already...

She started walking away but suddenly stopped and turned around.

- And if you haven't noticed yet, my birth name is Suzuka, not Naru.

- NARU !

The blond kunoichi left the place using the Hiraishin, leaving the "last" Uchiha and Konoha's green beast confused. Kakashi sighed at her antics, she had left him behind to deal with those two...
The raven haired teen was literally fuming but before he could do anything, Tenten jumped in front of him from a roof.

- Uchiha Sasuke, Maito Gai, you along with all Konoha shinobi are asked to leave Uzushiogakure immediately."