Chapter 2 - The brown-haired boy

TW// some strong language and panic attack

I woke up to the calming sound of Nick's voice and his gentle touch.

"y/n, y/n wake up." He said softly

My eyes fluttered open to see we were parked in the car park of Nick's block of flats (or apartments but I'm British lol). It was a small but homely building. Flowers were everywhere from the overgrown garden to the windowsills of his neighbours. It immediately calmed my nerves. Although it was dark, the moon shone brighter than ever. The sky was littered with stars, twinkling like diamonds. It was a huge difference from what I was used to in the crowded city of London.

Nick noticed me staring up at the sky and smiled. "It's beautiful isn't it?"

"Yeah, normally the sky is filled with planes and pollution," I said, still staring in awe at the night sky.

Nick let out a small laugh. "Yeah, you won't see many of those here. That's probably why I like it so much."

I smiled.

"Anyway we better get inside its late," he said

We went inside his flat and got ready for bed. I slept on the sofa as Nick only had one bed. He tried to give it to me but I insisted that he have it. It was the least I could do for him after he opened up his home to me. I got changed into an oversized hoodie and pyjama bottoms and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

His bathroom was neat contrary to popular belief. Nick is generally quite a neat person which is not what you expect when you meet him. It might be because he's so sassy.

I brushed my teeth and my hair before grabbing some blankets and making myself a bed. It was surprisingly comfortable. I closed my eyes and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Today had been exhausting.

The next morning I woke up and almost had a panic attack as I didn't recognise the flat. But I quickly remembered the events of the day before and sighed in relief. Not just because I hadn't been kidnapped, but because I was no longer in the shit hole I used to call home.

I got up and walked to the kitchen and wasn't surprised to see that Nick wasn't up. He is always sleeping. I went to make myself some breakfast but then checked the time to see it was almost 1. So I decided to skip breakfast and have lunch instead. I went to look for some food but the cupboards were pretty much bare. I tried the fridge where all I found was an out of date yoghurt, a scarily hard orange and what looked like leftover Chinese food.

I groaned upon realising I had to go to the supermarket and buy food. I looked for an outfit before deciding on one. I twirled in the mirror and smiled.

(You can pick what you wear)

I then finished getting ready and looked around for some money

I then finished getting ready and looked around for some money. Luckily I found £30 in a draw and took it. I wrote Nick a note saying I had gone for food and left it on the counter.

I left the flat and took out my phone for directions and started following them. I quickly realised that I was lost however as the GPS started telling me to go back and forth again.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" I whispered to myself

A wave of anxiety washed over me and I started to panic. Not only was I lost in a new place but I was surrounded by people.

One thing you should know about me, people terrify me.

I never know what they're thinking as their judgemental eyes scan me up and down. I like to know the outcome of everything but with people, it was harder to tell. And that makes me panic. I was so scared I just wanted to curl into a little ball and disappear. My whole body was shaking uncontrollably and many thoughts were rushing around my mind.

I didn't even notice the brown-haired boy and his friend approach me.

~A/N~

Word count: 653 words

Summary - Y/n arrives at Nick's house and admires the natural beauty she wasn't used to seeing. They went inside and fell asleep. Y/n woke up before Nick and went to the kitchen to get breakfast. She then realised that it was almost 1 so decided to get lunch instead. However, Nick had no food. She got ready and made her way to the supermarket but quickly got lost. She started to panic as she was terrified of people. She was so panicked she didn't see the brown-haired boy and his friend approach her.

Hey everyone :)

I wonder who this mysterious boy is? I guess we'll find out soon ;)

Make sure to drink water, eat and shower you beautiful people <3