Chapter 6 - An (almost) perfect coffee date

14/10/21 edit - changed the tw

TW// violence (towards the end)

Tubbo POV

"I can't believe we are still on this," I groaned. Ever since that encounter with that girl a few hours ago Tommy hadn't shut up about it.

"Just admit you're deeply in love with this girl and I'll drop it," he said laughing.

"I just thought she was pretty that's all," I said defensively. He didn't buy it.

"Yeah I bet you've already planned your wedding," he said cockily. I sighed

"It's been 3 fucking hours man come on," I whined. He finally gave in and I let out a sigh of relief. These last few hours had been hell. I wish I was being dramatic. A few minutes past without him bringing her up and I finally relaxed. But then I heard the doors to the cafe open. I think you can guess who walked in.

She looked absolutely stunning and I mean stunning. She had curled her hair and changed her outfit which somehow allowed her to look even more stunning. When I met her this morning I didn't even think that was possible. She was wearing a black top with some jeans and an oversized white cardigan. It made her look so cute and small. I could see her scanning around the cafe with her big y/e/c eyes. They were mesmerising. Then her eyes fell on me. I quickly looked away but could feel the blush creep up my face as she looked at me. She shyly looked away too and fiddled with her hair. It's almost like she knows what she's doing to me. I was quickly interrupted however by Tommy rudely snapping his fingers in my face.

"Hello? Earth to Tubbo! What were you looking at man?" he said, turning to face the direction I was staring. I quickly grabbed his shoulders.

"It was nothing! Don't worry about it its nothing!" I said trying my best to sound casual. Of course, I failed because you can't exactly casually grab someone's shoulders.

"What is up with y-" he turned around and saw the girl. He smirked and looked back at me with a look I knew all too well. "Hey, Tubbo it's your girlfriend!" He exclaimed. I watched in pure horror as she quickly glanced over at us. Shit.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK TOMMY!" I whisper shouted. Tommy of course was in hysterics laughing at me. I buried my face in my hands out of pure embarrassment. She definitely heard that.

Y/n POV (going back to where we left off last time with y/n)

I could feel myself start to become nervous as I went up to the counter with Niki. Did I look like I was trying too hard? What if he didn't like the way I dressed? What if he was disappointed? I tried to pretend I didn't see him as I looked at the different options they had. But I couldn't focus, not the I knew his gorgeous brown eyes were watching me. I looked over at him briefly and I saw him immediately look away. I could've sworn I saw a hint of blush in his cheeks but it was probably just me. I decided to order a s'mores frappuccino and Niki ordered an iced coffee with oat milk and vanilla syrup. Just as I had finished paying I heard his friend say something.

"Hey, Tubbo it's your girlfriend!" He said. I looked over at them to see the brown-haired boy bury his face in his hands. I blushed and smiled to myself. I wish I was more subtle now because Niki started asking me what I was smiling about. I shrugged it off and then our drinks arrived. We sat down and she still didn't believe that I was smiling at nothing. God, I'm a terrible liar.

"Come on just tell me what you're smiling at!" She pleaded. I glanced over at the brown-haired boy to make sure they weren't looking at us before telling her. I told her about our first encounter, how he didn't make me feel anxious and how I could have sworn I saw him blushing. I've never been great at sharing anything with anyone apart from Nick and his friends so this was strange to me. But decided to trust Niki. After the whole thing with my parents, trusting people was a huge thing for me so it felt good to finally manage to trust someone, even if it was with a stupid little crush. Wait did I just call it a crush? It's definitely not a crush just a mild attraction you would say.