Chapter 4 - Firsts for everything

TW// surprise surprise more strong language (This is the last tw I will put for this as it is very constant throughout the story) and mentions of anxiety

Y/n POV

What the fuck just happened?

It went so fast it was practically a blur. One minute I'm lost and having a panic attack in the middle of a new place and the next I'm smiling and laughing with a complete stranger? It was so strange and felt so surreal. I'm very cautious especially around strangers but there was something about this boy. Whether it was his adorable dark brown hair or his bubbly attitude I don't know. Wait. Did I just call a complete stranger adorable? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH ME? I barely know this boy and he's already the only thing on my mind.

"Ok calm down and find the supermarket y/n" I whispered to myself. 

I tried to recall what the boy said which only made me think of him even more. I couldn't help but notice the tone of pink in his cheeks when he spoke to me. Was he blushing? No. That's crazy! If he looked inside my head right now he would be creeped out for sure. He's probably already forgotten we spoke.

I quickly put my thoughts away and focused on getting the food for my brother and I. When I got to the supermarket I kept my head down. With my anxiety, I find it really hard to be in many different social situations such as big gatherings or meeting new people. Which is why my encounter with the brown-haired boy was so strange to me. He didn't make me feel anxious for some reason. 

I realised I was getting distracted again so I quickly went around the shop and got what I wanted. I decided to get some Maltesers for Nick because I knew they were his favourite before I headed to the cash registers to pay. 

When I walked up to the nearest one and started to place my items on the converter belt I took a quick glance at the person ringing up my shopping. She was a short and relatively young woman with blonde hair. When she saw me looking at her she flashed me a smile. It was a warm and comforting smile. Although she seemed very nice I still was nervous but smiled back. I read her name tag 'Niki'.

"You have a really pretty name," I accidentally said out loud. As soon as I said it I regretted it. I of course started to panic, scared of her response. But to my surprise, she gave me a warm smile.

"Aw thank you! By the way, I love your outfit I've been eyeing it ever since you came in" she beamed.

I was rather taken aback by her response. I wasn't used to getting compliments so this was very new to me.

"T-thank you," I said.

She grinned "You know I haven't seen you around before, are you visiting?" she asked

"No I actually just moved here from London," I said. 

"No way! I love London! That probably explains your incredible fashion sense." she said. I smiled brightly. "You attending Sir Herobrine?"

"Yes, I am actually! Although I could not be more terrified to start." I said. On the outside, this seemed like a normal, friendly interaction but to me it was huge. I have never managed to speak to a stranger so calmly, well apart from the brown-haired boy. But Niki was so kind and warm it was hard not to get along with her. 

"I get it, starting a new school can be scary especially If you don't know anyone," she said sympathetically. "Ok so it looks like your total comes to £31.99"

"Oh shoot I only have £30 on me," I said

She gave me a warm smile before saying "Don't worry about it I got you"

"You don't have to-"

"Its no problem" she reassured. She paused and then looked at me. "Ok, I know this is going to sound kind of out of the blue but you seem like a wonderful person and I would love to be your first official friend down here in Brighton. Can I get your number?"

I was practically beaming at this point. "Yes, that would be great!" I said excitedly. She beamed and I gave her my phone number.

"Great so I'll text you after my shift?" 

"Sounds great!" I said. She gave me one last smile before bagging and giving me my shopping. I pretty much skipped out of the supermarket. Not only had I talked to two strangers today but I might have made my first friend! This honestly felt too good to be true I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. But this was very real. I walked home as fast as I could, eager to tell everything to Nick.

~A/N~

Word count: 796 words

Summary - Y/n is both confused and excited about her interaction with Tubbo. She can't quite understand why she felt so calm talking to him. She tries to get him out of her head but fails. She puts her thoughts aside and goes to the supermarket. There she meets Niki, a kind cashier who she instantly gets along with. Niki asks for Y/n's phone number and lends her some money for her shopping. Y/n leave the shop beaming and starts to rush home to tell Nick.

Hey everyone :)

Thank you so much for the support on this story! It honestly means the world to me! I was too excited to give y/n a friend that I had to write this chapter right away! As per usual eat, drink and stay clean you gorgeous human beings!

Love you guys <3