Chapter 13 - Cliche fluff moment

Y/n POV

"Nick start the car NOW," I said as I got in, trying to avoid Tubbo.

"Wait why what's the rush?" he asked, clearly confused.

"NOW" I half-shouted. He looked confused but did as I said. I watched as Tubbo watched us drive away, getting smaller and smaller the further we went. I sighed in relief. We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"So are you gonna tell me why you're so eager to leave?" Nick finally said. I sighed.

"Not right now," I said. I guess he could sense the sadness in my voice because he left it alone after that.

When we got home I locked myself in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I kept hearing Maddie's words over and over again in my head. But the real question was, were they true? As much as I tried to convince myself they weren't that thought still sat at the back of my head. Then I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Nick, offering me a soft smile.

"Hey I know that you're upset right now for some reason so do you want to play Minecraft with George, Clay and me?" he said. I smiled. It meant so much to me that Nick cared about me enough to do something like that. I nodded and went over to my PC. I turned on my PC and joined a discord with them before opening Minecraft.

"Hey y/n!" said George happily. I couldn't help but smile at his positive attitude.

"Hey, guys!" I said, already feeling a bit better. 

We need up playing for a few hours and it was great. Not only was it a good distraction from what was going on, but it was just nice to catch up with them. Whether it was Nick screaming because Clay had killed him or Clay being a full-on simp for George. It was comforting for me. However, I couldn't fully enjoy myself as my phone was buzzing every 5 minutes. I was tempted to put it on silent but didn't in case Niki or someone else called me.

"Hey Karl's calling me I'll be right back," said Nick before muting his mic and walking out of the room.

"I'm gonna go get dinner started I think. Bye y/n!" said Clay, before leaving the call

That left just me and George. I tried to have a conversation with him but kept getting distracted by the constant buzzing coming from my phone. Eventually, George started to notice it too.

"Woah someone's popular," he joked.

"Yeah, it's actually that guy I told you about," I said, sighing slightly. 

"Are you not gonna answer him?" he asked, probably confused at my sudden change of attitude towards him.

"I don't know something happened and I'm not sure how he feels about me," I said, almost holding back my tears at this point. As much as I tried to get him off my mind it didn't work. He was always there.

"Well I'm gonna be straight with you I have heard your phone go off about every five minutes for the past 3 hours he obviously cares about you. Whatever he did you should probably hear him out," he said softly. I sighed, realising he was right. Of course, he's right. I mean whether what she said was true or not, I should probably hear him out.

"Yeah maybe you're right," I said. Then Nick rejoined the call.

"Hey guys Karl needs me right now he's going through some shit so I have to go," he said "Y/n do you mind being on your own for a few hours?"

"No just go and be there for Karl," I said sympathetically. He thanked me before leaving the call. I could hear him get his shoes on before leaving, leaving me home alone.

"There you go, now you can invite him round to hear him out," George said.

"Are you kidding? Nick would kill me," I said hesitantly. George laughed.