Chapter 15 - Growing closer

Y/n POV

I just held onto him as I cried. 

I knew it was pathetic and weak to actually listen to what she said but in the moment I couldn't care. The worst part is she was completely right. She was a bully and that's what they do. They find out the things you hate about yourself, the things you look in the mirror and can't help but notice and use them against you. And if anything it's just a reminder that everyone else can see those flaws too. Whether they pay attention to them or not, they're always gonna be there. 

Tubbo stroked my hair as I sobbed into his chest. There were people looking at us but I didn't care. I was just happy to be in his safe arms. He pulled away and cupped my face in his hands, wiping the tears from my cheeks with his thumbs. I sunk into his touch.

"Just know that none of what she said was true," he spoke so softly, only I could hear him. "I don't know what she said but I can guarantee that it's bullshit." He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. That was one of the things I love about him, he could make any situation positive. 

"Thank you," I whispered, placing my hand over his. He gave me a wipe for my makeup and we started the walk home.

Although I expected it to be awkward considering the circumstances it wasn't once. He always found a way to make me laugh so hard that I was practically pissing myself. Even when we weren't talking it wasn't awkward. It was somewhat comfortable. Whether we were just admiring the beach view or watching cars go by. I was almost sad when we got to my flat. As we walked up to my door he turned to face me. I started blushing and so did he.

"Are you okay now?" he said, holding both of my hands. I could feel myself turn beet red.

"Yeah, thank you," I said once again. He chuckled softly.

"You don't need to thank me it was my pleasure! Oh and I almost forgot to ask you, I'm having a party next week on Friday do you think you can come?"

My body froze at that word. I had never been invited to a party let alone been to one so naturally, I was terrified at the thought of it. Drinking, drugs, horny teenagers. It just wasn't my crowd. More importantly, was Maddie going?

"Um, is Maddie going?" I asked, sceptically. His face quickly went from excitement to disgust as he remembered her existence.

"Oh hell no! I'll make sure she isn't invited and I'll even have someone by the door just to make sure," He gave me a warm smile "So, do you think you will come?" he asked hopefully.

I still wasn't thrilled at the idea of it however I couldn't say no to him. It's just too hard. 

"Um, s- sure," I said, trying my best to sound happy. He didn't seem to notice the panic growing inside of me and smiled.

"Great! Ok, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah, I'll see you then," I said. He put his hand on the side of my head and kissed my forehead before turning around to give me one last smirk. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I touched the place he had kissed with his soft lips. But was it out of pity or romance? I shook that thought from my mind as I stepped into the flat.

I was greeted by the smiling faces of Nick and Karl. I groaned upon realising that they had just seen everything.

"Sooo who's that y/n," Karl giggled. I rolled my eyes at him as he and my brother erupted into cheeky giggles.

"Just a friend," I said casually as I took my shoes off and headed to the kitchen for a snack. They followed me like a moth to a flame.

"Just a friend huh?" Nick smirked, "How do you explain the blush on your face?" Karl started to giggle as I buried my face in my hands.