21- movies

"Come on, Evie! We need to pick something for you to wear before they get here!"

Evelyn turned away from her closet and held up a shirt in front of her chest, silently asking Finley if it would work. She studied it for a moment before she shook her head once again and Evelyn sighed and hung the shirt back up in her closet. She looked at her friend desperately, hoping Finley would pick something out that would be something they could both agree on. Finley had already chosen her outfit, a dark blue, long-sleeved crop top and a pair of mom jeans, all the while the two were still trying to find Evelyn an outfit. She honestly would have been completely fine wearing a hoodie and jeans but Finley had easily convinced her to dress up a little by reminding her that her hot boxer boyfriend would be there-- Finley's words, not her own.

Evelyn pulled down a black sweater from the rod, showing Finley, letting out a sigh of relief once Finley finally gave her an approving nod. She then walked over to her dresser and pulled a drawer open to find a pair of pants she thought would complete the outfit. Evelyn found the black pants she had in mind quickly before pulling them out and tossing them on her bed. Both she and Finely started getting dressed in their chosen clothes, Evelyn turning to her friend once while she pulled her hair out from underneath the sweater.

"Hey Fin?" She asked.

"Mhm?" She hummed as she struggled to shimmy her legs into her pants. "Can you show me how to do my makeup?"

Evelyn gasped as Finley quickly whipped around and almost hit her head off of Evelyn's.

The girl was staring at her with wide, surprised eyes, "You, Evelyn Flores, want me to teach you  how to do makeup?" Evelyn scoffed lightheartedly and nodded, "I mean... Yeah," she shrugged, "I just want to know how to do it for when I want to wear some."

"I never thought the day would come," Finley sniffled and wiped a fake tear from her eye. She smiled excitedly at Evelyn as she led her over to the vanity and sat her down in the chair facing the mirror, "Let's teach you how to perfect this shit."

She watched intently as Finley explained what she was doing as she put the makeup on Evelyn's face while making as many mental notes as she could to remember what she was being taught.

"And..." she drawled out as she applied the shimmery gloss on her lips, "Perfect! Knock 'em dead girl." Evelyn winked and blew her an over exaggerated kiss, a knock on the door interrupting the girls fooling around. Finley ran to the door yelling "they're here!" as she slid on the wooden floors around the corner and rushed to open the door.

Evelyn quickly followed behind and stopped next to the open door. She looked up at Finley and noticed her pouting before she shifted to look up at Luke standing in the doorway. She smiled happily at him and waved, greeting him and offering him to come in.

Luke was stunned into a short moment of silence as he looked down at the girl in front of him as she shut the door behind himself. "You look beautiful," he admitted, hands automatically landing on her waist. Evelyn blushed and ducked her head before quietly thanking him and wrapped her around around his torso in a tight hug.

The two pulled away when they heard an over dramatic sigh behind them. "And they say romance is dead," Finley laughed at the immediate glare she got from the blonde. "Easy tiger, I'm just messing around. Do you know where Calum is?"

Luke shrugged his shoulder half heartedly and shook his head. Finley sighed and threw herself down on one of the couches in the living room. Evelyn pulled back from the embrace and grabbed his hand to quietly lead him over to the other couch and sit down, the three watching the show playing as they waited for Calum to arrive.