18- interrupted

It was 12:15 and Luke was sitting in a booth, a coffee in one hand and his phone in the other, checking the time once again.

Evelyn was fifteen minutes late and Luke could feel a familiar feeling in his chest, one he hadn't felt in years. It was not a comforting feeling so he did what he did best and ignored it, while focusing on the dark abyss of his coffee.

The bells above the door chimed as it was pushed open which grabbed the blonde's attention right away. Disappointment started filling his body as the old lady that walked into the building was not the girl he was waiting for.

He continued to stare into his coffee.

The bell chimed again and he looked up somewhat hopefully. Twenty minutes past twelve and the brunette finally stood at the door looking around for the blonde. Luke watched as she scanned the tables, a smile instantly gracing her face as she saw him. He felt a small sense of guilt for the previous overreaction he had, the fear that consumed him for a while, before letting himself relax. She was here and that was all he cared about.

Evelyn was surprised by the diner choice, the same one her and Calum went to when he crashed it with Ashton. The tiny little butterflies that lived in her stomach were going wild as she approached the table. Even though it was a casual date she felt underdressed in her skirt and sweater she wore to prevent the autumn chill, as she took in Luke.

The black, silk shirt he wore fit his broad shoulders, toned arms and torso perfectly, typical black skinny jeans that hugged every muscle of his legs and black boots that made him undeniably more handsome.

Luke was soaking in her outfit at the same time, eyes raking up and down her legs to her face. The tights that clung to her legs would've made his knees weak if he was standing and definitely caught the attention of the more impure side of his brain that he had done so well at controlling around her.

Luke willed himself to continue not staring at her legs as he was imagining her tights ripped and on his floor, and gave her a smirk instead. She blushed as she reached the table and slid in opposite him, "Hi, I'm so sorry I'm late. The traffic was annoyingly slow today," she rushed out.

He shook his head, "Don't worry about it, you're fine." He smiled as she pulled her sleeves over her hand and rested her head on her palms as she got comfy. "Still drinking black coffee, I see," she teased. Luke looked at his cooling coffee and the smirk stayed on his face.

"Matches my personality I guess," he shrugged. Evelyn tilted her head, a slight furrow to her eyebrows.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked curiously.

Luke brought the drink to his lips before responding, "I guess just... bitter." He said hesitantly. "Dark," he paused again. "Strong," he winked slyly.

Evelyn laughed and blushed as she looked down at the table, amused that he compared himself to coffee.

The two were interrupted by their waitress approaching their table and asking for their orders. Evelyn ordered a breakfast sandwich and Luke ordered a cheeseburger.

He looked around at the empty place and internally groaned as he heard his stomach growl. He tried rubbing some slight fatigue from last night's fight and staying up until almost four in the morning, out of his eyes when he pushed harshly on the bruise that covered his eye.

He hissed and winced as he pulled his hand away from his face. That caught Evelyn's attention and she looked at him quickly, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just forgot it was there," he explained and pointed lazily at the brown and blue colors on his face.