08- nerves

"Will you come to the ring with me tonight?" Finley asked, fully prepared to convince the other girl to go.

"Okay," she agreed, staring at her instagram feed as she scrolled through.

Finley looked up at Evelyn confused. Was she really agreeing to go? "Wait what?"

"I said I'll go?" she said and tilted her head to the side, "What's that look for?"

"Dammit... I had a whole thing planned out to convince you to go. It was foolproof but you ruined it," she leaned back into the couch she was sat on in their living room and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Save it for next time," she laughed. "Why do you wanna go?"

"So you can see lover boy obviously,"

Evelyn groaned at her friend and leaned back with her arms crossed, copying Finley's actions. "How would you even know if he's gonna be there or not?"

"I texted Michael and asked if he knew who was gonna be fighting tonight, and sure enough Mr. Mysterious has a match," she smirked at her.

"'Mr. Mysterious'? Is that what we're calling him now?" she laughed as she locked her phone and sat up.

"Well I mean he is, so it's fitting,"

"Mhm, okay," she laughed again as she got up off the couch and walked towards her room.

"What time are we gonna leave?" she asked as she arrived in her bedroom, Finley right behind her.

"Nine? I'm not really sure,"

Evelyn looked at the digital clock placed on her bedside table, it was already 7:30. She hummed in agreement. The two girls started going through Evelyn's clothes to find an outfit.

"Fin, you have a closet full of clothes," she pointed out, as the girl held up two different shirts on hangers in the mirror.

"I know," she said, as she put the black shirt down and started taking the navy one off the hanger. Evelyn just rolled her eyes as Finley started changing into her stolen outfit and went into her closet herself and grabbed a floral shirt. She put on a pair of high-waisted black jeans, nothing too special.

The girls fixed their hair and put on shoes, Finley opting for heels and Evelyn choosing sneakers. Finley grabbed a jacket off their coat rack, "You should take a jacket,"

Evelyn shook her head, "It'll ruin my outfit,"

Finley shrugged, "Dont complain to me when you're cold later."

Evelyn smiled sarcastically and opened the door for the two to leave. She locked the door behind them as they walked towards the truck.

The girls climbed into the old truck, Finley putting the keys in and starting the ignition, "Let's go see your lover boy in action,"

"Oh my god," the other girl sighed. Finley snickered at her as she started driving down the street and towards the old warehouse. The drive was short, but the nerves in Evelyn's body  made it feel like an hour. Her leg was bouncing anxiously, anticipating what was going to happen tonight.

The truck was parked a few streets over from the warehouse, she didn't want anything to happen to her 'baby'.

The two girls climbed out of the lifted vehicle and slammed the doors closed. There was a cool breeze drifting through the late summer night, a small shiver running through Evelyn. They started their trek towards the old, metal double doors at the entrance of the building.