03- cookies

Luke stood in the elevator waiting to approach his floor. The ride took awhile, having an apartment on a high floor, which gave Luke all the more time to think of the night's events.

He walked into his apartment so concentrated on Evelynn, that he didn't notice the body lounging on his couch.

"Hey lover boy," the curly haired boy called out to Luke. He groaned as soon as he heard his friend. Luke walked over to the couch where Ashton was stationed, sipping a beer he stole from Luke–not that he cared, he clearly had the money to buy more.

Luke grabbed a beer out of his fridge and sat on a chair opposite Ashton. He really did not want to talk to Ashton, he knew he would be questioned and he was too confused to think about answering Ashton's nosey inquiries.

"So," Ashton started earning a huff from Luke, he despised Ashton in this moment. "Is she the one I saw you helping last week?" Ashton asked the boy.

The dirty blonde knew the answer, he watched from the top of the stairs. He was going to recruit Luke after his fight that Friday. He recognised the girl after he helped her to Luke's room. She was the short girl with terrified eyes, that Luke didn't look at like he was watching paint dry.

Though Luke couldn't pinpoint what he was feeling, Ashton saw how Luke relaxed though became nervous around the girl just an hour before. This was new, Ashton had never seen Luke act like that around a girl. Luke was always the one making others nervous, specifically girls–just like Evelynn–but no girl has ever made Luke nervous. He would just have one night stands here and there, never really feeling the need to know more about the girls he slept with.

But now Luke had only met Evelynn three times and wanted to know more. He wanted to know the short girl with different mismatched eyes.

Luke broke from his thoughts as Ashon snapped his fingers in his face with a grin, "Whatcha thinking about buddy?" Ashton asked, though he had a pretty good idea.

"Nothing," the blonde defended quickly, glaring at the boy on the couch when he scoffed at Luke's awful lie.

"Okay Luke, whatever you say," Luke rolled his eyes, he was done talking with Ashton. But oh how he wished his mind was done with the conversation. Even after the topic was dropped, Luke sat there sipping his beer wondering why the girl he knew for a week was all he could think about.

He knew Ashton could tell something was up, Luke knew he wasn't acting normal. He rarely ever gave two shits about anyone–nevermind a girl he barely knew.

That was his issue, he didn't know her. Luke wanted to know her, and it was so fucking confusing because he was so attracted to her. Everything he had seen about her so far, he found adorable and slightly endearing.

She didn't seem put off by his gross attitude either, he was quite the ass and he knew it. But he couldn't help it. Shit happens and he learnt to deal with it one way or another.

Sitting at the register, Evelynn was reading the same book she was two days prior. Finley was sitting on the counter drinking her coffee Evelynn made for her. Finley ditched class, which Evelynn was annoyed by, her friend would probably fail her class if she makes a habit of skipping. The two girls sat in silence, minding their own business, and doing their own things. The bell above the door rang and Evelynn put her book down to look at the new customer.

She recognised him, he was in her calculus class.

"Oh hey Evelynn, didn't know you worked here," he greeted her.