19- drywall

It was two and a half weeks before the end of October, and Evelyn was sitting in her English lecture, her mind drifting off from the professor speaking. One thing she couldn't shake from her mind was her lunch date with Luke a few days before. For some reason she felt guilty that she knew one of probably Luke's biggest secrets that he obviously hadn't wanted her to know. She wanted, needed, to tell him what she had been told, otherwise she knew she would feel like she was hiding something from him. It was never a great feeling knowing she could slip up at any moment.

Evelyn then began thinking of the yearly Halloween fair she and Finley always went to which began soon. This year was slightly different than years prior, they usually went with just each other but two decided to ask the three Austrians they befriended to tag along. Calum and Ashton already agreed to attend, excited to do something different than partying the night away with cheesy costumes and cheap booze.

Evelyn was brainstorming how to ask Luke to come too. She knew it was kind of pointless, her fear that he'd say no, but couldn't help but worry a little anyway.

Evelyn was startled from her daydreams by the loud voice of her professor. "We will start this assignment November second and now that you know what topic the project is on, and how much of your grade it's worth," he gave certain students a pointed look, to which they rolled their eyes, "I am sure you'll be glad to know that you are working in partners."

Evelyn sighed lightly as other students began conversing with each other. Surprisingly, she hadn't made many acquaintances in her classes and spent most of her time with Finley. She just hoped she wouldn't have to work with Brad, the football team's quarterback, or any of his friends.

It was easy to hear talk of how he was a womanizer who liked hooking up with as many girls as he could, literally. Evelyn had heard and seen a picture of a "scoreboard" his frat had, where they a point system for each girl they had sex with. That was a pretty justified reason for Evelyn to not like him, in her eyes.

She looked up as the professor started speaking again, "Ah ah ah, I will be picking the pairs. I don't trust most of you to take this seriously if you're with a friend." Evelyn rolled her eyes, but figured she'd have a better chance at not getting stuck with someone she didn't like.

"I expect all of you to refer to the rubric and to not make a fool of yourself with this. Class dismissed." He waved off all the students and turned to his desk and sighed as he sat down. She wasted no more time as she hurried out the door with the other thirty students. Evelyn pulled her phone out of her pocket as she felt it buzz. Her eyebrows raised in surprise and a small smile grew on her face as she read the text she had received. Luke had told her he was there to pick her up, which she was thankful for as she was freezing in the fall weather and didn't want to walk home.

She hurried out of the English building and towards the student parking lot in search of the expensive black car. She cupped her hands over her mouth and blew warm air onto them as she scanned the parking lot. Unsurprisingly, a horn honked from behind her that caused her to jump and quickly turn to face the direction it came from. She huffed and rolled her eyes as she noticed the unmistakable gold, red and black logo on the hood of the black car.

She walked over to the passenger door and quickly threw her bag at her feet and closed the door behind her as she sat down. "Hi," she quickly said, cupping her hands around the heater as soon as she realized the warm air hit her face.

Luke raised an amused eyebrow, watching her flip her hands back and forth in front of the heat. "Cold?" he asked after a while. Evelyn turned to face the blonde, looking at him incredulously, "You're not?"

Luke chuckled and shook his head, putting his hand on her seat as he turned behind them to look for cars before pulling out of the parking lot. "Your hands are always cold, are you sure you're not a frog?" He joked once they pulled away from the campus.