06- project

In calculus the next day, Evelyn was sitting in the lesson, listening to the professor drone on about an upcoming project.

"For this first project, I want for you to create a presentation in whatever way you like explaining the history of calculus and give examples of how we use calculus in everyday life," the professor explained. "Now before you get excited, you'll be working in partners or groups. I'll trust you all to choose peers to work with that you can actually get work done and done well."

Evelyn sighed as everyone got up to move with their friends. She figured she'd be partnered with some kid who didn't care about this grade and she'd have to do all the work. That was until the chair next to her moved out and a body was placed next to her.

"Is this seat taken?"

She looked next to her, and met the familiar brown eyes. "Now it is," she smiled at the raven haired guy.

"So partner," Calum smiled, "what do you think we should do for this dumb project?"

Evelyn shrugged her shoulders, "I have absolutely no idea, I wasn't even paying attention that well to what he was saying," she laughed.

"Hmm," Calum hummed. "Do you want to think about it over lunch today?"

Evelyn thought for a moment, then nodded. "Sure,"

The professor dismissed class for the rest of the day, and the two partners made their way out of the lecture room. "Where are we going to eat?" Evelyn asked.

"Not sure, but I want to go somewhere quiet," Calum explained as they walked down the hall of their math building. Evelyn hummed in agreement. Calum pulled out his phone to search for any nearby small restaurants.

"Do you wanna go to this place?" Calum asked and passed Evelyn his phone to look at the diner. "Yeah sure,"

"Alright, lets go!" he yelled as he started running out of the building. 

"Hey, slow down!" the girl yelled as she tried racing past other college students to catch up Calum. By the time she pushed through the glass doors and outside, she had her hands on her knees and was panting.

"Took you long enough," he snickered.

"Shut up dude! Your legs are like ten feet longer than mine!" she accused as she caught her breath.

"Hey it's not my fault you're a shortie," Calum shrugged and ruffled her hair. She smacked his hand away, "You'll ruin my curls, back off,"

Calum laughed and started making his way down the stairs with Evelyn following behind. She walked next to him and let him guide them to the place they picked for lunch.

After walking around for 20 minutes, Evelyn stopped walking, "Hey Calum?" she asked.

"Hmm?" he stopped walking as well and turned around to look at her.

"Wasn't the walk only supposed to be eight minutes?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, I didn't look at the directions,"

Evelyn smacked his arm, "How were we meant to get there if you didn't know where we were going?" she asked. He only shrugged and laughed as Evelyn huffed and pulled out her phone to get directions to the diner. She started walking in the opposite direction they were going originally, taking them another twenty minutes to get to the diner.

"About time," she sighed as she pushed and held open the door to the quaint diner. Calum nodded in agreement, his stomach growling at the smell of food, making the girl laugh at him.