04- drinks

Friday came quickly, and now Finley was picking out an outfit for her best friend. Evelynn watched as Finley ran between their two closets to gather clothes for them to wear to the party. Her eyes widened as she noticed an array of tiny shirts in Finley's arms. Finley noticed and said, "Don't worry, these–" she held up the few bralettes she had in her hands, "are for me. I grabbed you a few shirts."

She threw some at Evelynn—a white shirt with a few flowers, a black tank top with lace trim and a green velvet tank top. She grabbed the green tank top and changed into it. Finley had changed into her outfit already, she wore a maroon bralette under a mesh long sleeve top with roses and a black leather skirt. She gave Evelynn a pair of light wash denim shorts which she changed into right away.

"That's so cute!" Finley shouted as she looked at Evelynn's outfit. Evelynn turned away from the mirror, her eyes widened when she looked at Finley, "Jesus you look hot." Finley rolled her eyes and turned around, "Oh come on Evie, you always look hot."

"I mean if you say so." Finley gave her a look, "You could get any guy at the party tonight."

Evelynn shook her head and said, "No, that's definitely you. You seriously look so good."

"Whatever you say Evie."

The two girls put on their shoes—a pair of flats and Doc Martens—and waited for Calum to pick them up for the frat party. Around twenty minutes later, Calum pulled up to the street the girls' apartment was on. Calum greeted the girls as they got into the car and drove away.

After a ten minute drive they arrived at the fraternity that was throwing the party. Calum locked his car doors after they all got out and headed to the front. Evelynn and Finley had gone to a few parties in high school, but this party was way bigger than any they had attended. There were drunk college students scattered all around the front and back of the house, most smoking or getting high. Calum opened the door, "Welcome to the party." he said when both girls entered the house.

There was an overwhelming smell of weed and sweat, likely due to the giant living room that was occupied by at least 60 intoxicated people dancing.

After the girls took in the surrounding house, Calum suggested they get drinks. "Hell yeah," Finley replied instantly.

"What do you want to drink Evelynn?" Calum asked the brunette.

"Here you go." Finley came up and handed Evelynn her red solo cup instead. She knew what her friend drank, always whatever type of soda is available and less than a shot of alcohol—they learned that Evelynn was a lightweight their first time drinking. The girls were freshly juniors in high school, sitting in Finely's attic bedroom. They decided they wanted the first time they got drunk to be around each other and at one of their houses. The girls didn't want to risk getting plastered at a party purely because they both felt the short brunette would be a lightweight—they were right. She had three shots of vodka they stole from Finley's kitchen and was slurring her words and ultimately passed out three hours earlier than her friend did.

"Thanks." Evelynn said and took a sip from her almost-virgin drink and her raven haired friends sipped their own.

Looking from the open kitchen to the rest of the house, Evelynn noticed a few people she knew from classes she had with them. Her eye caught sight of a set of familiar looking dirty blonde curls. She squinted her eyes to see better.

Yup, that's definitely Ashton.

Next to Ashton was another head of curly hair, more specifically the blonde that always seemed to be on her mind. Evelynn went to tell Finley so they could go over but stopped when she saw the tall strawberry blonde under Luke's arm. She got a twisting feeling in her stomach—it was probably just the alcohol she convinced herself. She should've assumed he had a girlfriend, he was absolutely stunning. She chugged the rest of her drink down.