thirty six

"so, for how long are you gonna ignore everyone? they're worried you know," namjoon asked, voice muffled, sitting on jungkook's couch, as he watched the younger pace around the room, still not knowing. "as long as it takes for me to not be fucked up," jungkook just responded with, continuing his pacing. "also, it's only been a little over a week, it's not that bad yet," jungkook added.

"if you say so, now please tell me again, why are you pacing around?" jungkook stopped dead in his tracks, debating for a second on whether or not he should tell namjoon - he quickly decided to do it, he couldn't keep secrets from rm anyway. had never been able to. "my mom texted me - she wants us to meet up, all of us," jungkook mumbled. a thing that had once been his dream. but now he was no longer sure.

"and what did you tell her?" jungkook knew that rm hated his parents - absolutely hated them with every fibre of his body, for what they had done to jk. and jungkook wanted to hate them, he really did. he just couldn't. they were his parents - how was he supposed to hate them?

"that i would think about it, which is what i'm doing - now make a decision for me," jungkook said, knowing he wouldn't be able to do it himself. "i hate them, absolutely hate them - and they do not deserve you in any way, jungkook. but i think you should say, yes. i think you'll regret if you don't - but with that said, i don't think that they deserve your forgiveness. i can go with you, if you want me to." rap monster suggested, jungkook nodded. he probably would regret it.

"i guess, i'll go see them then. i uhm - could you just stay at the hotel room meanwhile? i uh - i want to face them alone, but i want to know that you're there, just in case." jungkook mumbled, insecure. he felt pathetic. he always felt fucking pathetic, but the fact that he's scared shitless to see his parents? that just made him feel even worse.

"of course, bunny. i'm always one call away, whenever you need me. you know that," joonie softly said, engulfing jungkook in a tight hug.

jungkook sighed into the hug. everything felt heavy, especially the phone in his back pocket. it was as if the endless notifications and texts were real - as if they were weighing him down.

the heaviest ones being from taehyung.

iMessage !
taebear 🐻

3 days ago
2:21 am

taebear 🐻
if you're gonna break my
heart, at least do it right.
read

today 3:45 am

jungkook <3
my heart would burn without
you, i can't. i'm sorry. hold on for me.
unsent

authors note!
i've had another love on repeat for almost 5 hours now. we going though it