1.[Where He Makes No Empty Promises]

The Previous update is just a preview of part of the story's climax that will happen later on. JUST a preview. This is the first chapter. I repeat It is an excerpt of a future chapter, when the story climaxes. Read it carefully. Pay attention, to every detail. :)

[Phoebe-At School]

About ONE Sharp Month Later

"Who knows what tomorrow brings." I slightly hummed, looking out of one of the large squared bay window in my classroom. The children were doing a spelling test for me today.

I turned back around to them. "Okay, can I give the next word?" I questioned.

They nodded, so I proceeded. "Okay bugs. The next word issssss---Butterfly. Butter-fly. Remember what I said about that word okay." They all stared at me like that word was more difficult than an attempt to climbing the Eiffel tower.

"Remember, butterfly has to words, put intone. One part you put on your toast." They giggled. "And the other we all wish we could do. And that's being a bird and to soooar above the clouds-Flying. Okay?" They nodded and tried spelling the word.

I looked down on Johnathan's paper who had already spelt it correctly. He was a brilliant boy, who had far too much of a bad influence at home, clearly because his parents never once visited a PTA. I could tell by the way he speaks to me and especially to Kaitlyn. As if he has their whole life planned out already.

He tells her they're going to get married and he's going to get her everything she wants. And I just pay keen attention to his vocabulary and the way he makes Kaitlyn smile with his jokey tactics. They admire each other truly as friends, and as little buddies and I only wish I had experienced friends when I was little.

I wish I experienced friends now. I have none. I don't have girl's night out or in. I'm always alone, although August seems to be becoming my best friend. He's been trying so hard lately to mend the cracks in our relationship; I was almost tempted to let him sex me down. But I restrained because I want to see how far he'll go for Ms.Phoebe.

It's been a month and we're in the end of January. We've been going to visit his so called childhood pastor and he has been telling me how he feels, and almost every day, he apologizes for that night. He's been begging me to sleep at his house and to move in, but I don't think that's too good of an idea for now.

Seeing that I didn't want to go back to my old Apartment and neither did my Mother so I found a new loft and moved there, a little closer to August but far enough. Since the party, I haven't spoken to my dad. Mom says he's outraged and disappointed in me, and that he wants me to come and live with them, but I of course refused to.

A part of me was terribly upset he wanted to play Daddy when he was old and sickly yet another part of me just wanted to run to him and tell him about the way I feel inside about my miscarriage and August and I's relationship. But stubbornness gridlocks me at the throat and I refuse to visit him.

I call everyday to make sure he's okay, but I never want to speak to him. He's scheduled for surgery, Late next month and I honestly hope I can be on better terms with him then, without having to explain Augusts' dislike for Malcolm then.

"Okaaaay. And the next word is.....Clock."

"Ouuu I know." Kaitlyn exclaimed.

"Write it on your sheet baby." I pointed to her paper and she scribbled away.

"Tick-tock, tick-tock." I sang, trying to encourage them.

Goosebumps and chills camped out on my back, when I knew a presence was at the door. In my peripheral the mocha skinned bounced of my view and I knew it was Malcolm. He caused my body to inflame with disgust.