14.[Where His Baybeh Is Shattered And The Pieces Are Unmendable]

Don't mind errors. My Phe Phe looking cute in that photo. Heart eyes, for my Phe.

[Phoebe--- A Week Later]

“And what sounds do pigs make?” I asked enthusiastically waiting for their response.

“I Know! Oink. Oink.” Kaitlyn shouted bouncing in her chair.

“Yes! They do. Let’s see who can become the best pig for Ms. Phe Phe.” I said clapping my hands.

All over the class, there were massive oinks and grunts sounding somewhat near an actual pig. “I make the best pig.” Mercedes said.

“Oinnnnnk!” She squeaked out, wrinkling up her nose.

“Ohh that was a good one!” Kaitlyn giggled, clapping her hands.

“Yes, yes it was. Mercedes is crowned the best oinker. “ I chuckled.

I looked down and heard Johnathan grumbling something. He hasn’t spoken at all today. And I did see him push Kaitlyn earlier when she tried to poke fun at him.

“Johnathan, Sweetie you okay?” I rubbed the crown of his head.

He looked up at me and his eyes were telling. Like he was trying to explain to me with his eyes what was the matter with him.

“Baby?” I lifted his chin. “You’re not feeling well? You can tell me you know?” I looked up into his sad eyes.

He shook his head, looking down at the table. “Johnathan?” I asked and saw the droplets fall onto his desk.  He didn’t want me to see him cry.

“Oh no. Don’t cry Sweetheart, what’s the matter? You can tell me.” I said quietly not trying to draw attention from the others. They were playing with each other now, but in my peripheral I saw that Kaitlyn was staring at us.

“I hungry.” He muttered and I stooped down to him on the side.

“You didn’t eat breakfast Darling?” I wiped his eyes, while he shook his head; shyly looking around trying to insure no one had saw him cry.

“No. My Daddy beat me, because I messed up his table.” He said quietly.

Oh dear. “He beat you baby?” I asked questioning exactly what he meant.

He nodded his head and looked down. “Well what was on the table?”

“I don’t know. Daddy say I can’t tell.”

I sighed touching his cheek. “Don’t you worry baby it’s okay. I’ll get you something to eat. Smile for me, I hate to see you down.”