4.[Where He Introduces Her To His Soothing Warmth]

[Phoebe—-Early the Next Morning]

The plush sheets beneath me felt swanky and sumptuous. Somehow in this bed I felt, safe and sound so serene and so as ease. I don't think it was the sheets. I didn't feel him hugging onto me like I knew he would've been and that made me feel uncomfortable so I flicked my eyes open looking in the somber semi-darkness hoping to see him, but his presence was absent.

"August?" I sat up holding the cover to me, trying to find a silhouette through the darkness. He wasn't there. Last night after our movie date, I did come home with him and Kaitlyn was so happy to see me when he picked her up from his Mother's.  She must have hated not being in school.

She fell asleep so quickly, must be because that flu is draining her teeny body. She needs rest and soup I promised we'd make together as long as she didn't give me the flu. August seemed to cater to my every need when we got here. He didn't even mention anything about sex, or anything of that sort. He let me bathe in his extravagant bathtub without even coming into the bathroom once. He said he was giving me space.

And this space he's giving——Oh my,  it's helping me trust and feel more comfortable with him. He fell asleep soon after we were watching television and I stared at him while he slept, not wanting to miss a minute. The mountain his lips formed and the way his eyebrows are so perfectly sculpted without effort, almost like a Zeus, in his spectacularity.

I couldn't leave him if I tried. The urge to touch him and smell him would pull me back, yearning more.

"August?" I whispered, looking out the window seeing the sun threaten to peek up behind the clouds. Outside was dark, and the morning was about to become dawn. I climbed out of the bed, setting my feet on the Mahogany deluxe floors.  I pulled one of his t-shirts I was wearing over my behind and went to find him.

I looked in the bathroom and he was not there, I even searched down stairs in the kitchen and he wasn't there. I checked every crevice in the house for him and he was nowhere to be found. His cars were in the garage and pathway.

I sighed wondering where he could be as I crept back into his Master bedroom.

"Word got around that a nigga got shot..." Came from outside on the balcony of his room. It started me and I jumped in my heels, before I recognized his voice. I walked towards the two doors seeing him there. He was looking into the sky, and he was smoking—-something.

"August." I small smiled, pushing my hair behind my ear.

He turned around looking at me; he didn't have on his shades either.  How lovely.

"Baybeh. You up." He grinned motioning for me to come over to him. He put down blunt in the ash trey.

"C'mere ." He said and I walked over to him climbing unto his lap.