⏳14

"president, are you sure to let nanase riku getting closer to trigger?" anesagi asked the old man who sat down with a troubled look. he sighed , "i have a family too, anesagi. how do you think that boy will feel if i take away even his own family"

"but tenn left the nanase household years ago-"

"yes i know but you can see that the boy himself still cares for nanase riku even more than his own supposed to be sister." sousuke cut in. anesagi nodded but still frowning,

"isn't that mean trigger will be in danger?"

sousuke smirked, "do you think i will stay silent if that happens? yaotome production is not a weak company"

"then will you protect nanase riku too?" anesagi asked again. this time sousuke closed his eyes for a moment. "i guess it depends on the situation first."

he said briefly before leaving the office for a meeting. anesagi smiled, " so you do want to help him after all.. i guess the problem between you and takanashi is already solved"

___________

1 week later,

"riku?? its time to wake up" mitsuki yelled from the kitchen. living with the red haired boy was awkward at first but because of his surprisingly bright and cute personality, the atmosphere immediately warmed up just after 4 hours.

"okaay, aree? where is the others?" riku asked after running downstairs. he looked around realizing how silent the dorm is. mitsuki smiled, "they have modelling job, interviews and acting"

what schedule you have today mitsuki?" riku asked, the shorter boy thought for a second

"i will have an interview in an hour" he replied before returning to the kitchen. "you have a modelling job with kujou right?"

riku eyes widened, "what?! oh yeah, i totally forgot about that. i will leave now mitsuki-san!!"

mitsuki peeked out the kitchen to see the front door already opened and no one was there. "so fast.. is he that excited to see that devil? hold on, kujou and riku resembled each other a little bit, don't they?"

the question left unanswered as the shorter boy let the question left his mind.

________

at the busy road, a red haired boy can be seen running with a hoodie and a small bag on his back. riku ignored the weird stares from others ass he keep running towards the bus station.

CKIIIIITT

a red car stopped beside him preventing him to continue his run. his confused eyes turned sharp as he saw the car number.

0849MD

he stood silently beside the car watching the door opened and a petite girl moved out from the car with a soft smile. riku face turned serious as he stared at the familiar looking girl smiling at him.

" long time no see, nanase riku" the girl said with a rather high pitch voice that make riku felt sick in that moment.

"..... kujou aya" riku spit out the name that feels like a thorn.

"what are you doing here" riku asked, wanting to leave immediately. Aya smiled, "i just want to say hi, is there any problem?"

"....." riku still glared at her coldly. he actually not expected the girl was the one who almost crashed him. is kujou aya also take side with the government? or she only obeyed her father words? no matter what it is, riku knew that the innocent look like girl is actually a dangerous person.

"care to join me in my ride?" aya asked after seeing some cars started to feel disturbed by her own that stopped in the busy road. riku sighed knowing he literally approached the devil but still get in the car.

the situation inside the car is full of silence. neither of them want to talk even though they are literally have a "step-sibling" connection. Aya glanced at the red haired boy, "why did you decide to come back, America is the safest place to hide"

riku scoffed, "i went there not for hiding, thank you. you don't have to care whether i came back or not"

"well i have to because you will put tenn-nii in danger-"

"he is not your real brother. funny how you treated tamaki as a stranger but not with tenn-nii" riku replied with venom. Aya gritted her teeth, "so what? the one who can to choose which is my brother is ME"

"tch, your obsession disgusts me." riku said annoyed. Aya glared at him, "tenn-nii doesn't even remember you and i will make it that way forever. don't think your brother will come back to you, in the end you will be alone just like how your parents died"

SLAM

aya jumped at the loud sound and gulped when she saw the blazing red eyes staring straight to her. the car came to a stop as she gulped in fear.

"don't you dare mention them with your filthy mouth ever again. your cowardness make me want to puke." riku spitted out his words in anger as he opened the car door nd stepped out,

"an act like trying to kill me by a car accident just because of a mere order is funny itself" riku said coldly as he slammed the door closed and leaving the panicked aya inside.

'he knew it was me?!'

Aya opened the car door and shouted at the red haired boy, "Tenn-nii will never be yours!! He is MINE!!! do you know how hard I worked to be the perfect sister!!? you already stole Tamaki-nii-san, DON'T STEAL TENN-NII TOO" 

Aya screamed full of frustation as she glared at Riku with hateness. Riku stopped walking for a second and took a deep breath. 

"what..? not going to reply?! AM I WRONG? REPLY BACK NANASE RIKU" 

'people's heart is like a clear water.. so beautiful yet pure. but with a single drop of ink, it will get dirty..'

riku continued his walk with clouded face, ignoring the shaken girl behind him. A tear escaped the girl's eyes as she fell to her knee. "i will not forgive you..."