The Dead Can Keep Secrets

I smiled at my friends and family. "So, moving on, how are you all today?" I asked.

"I'm doing perfectly fine, dar-"

"Ritze, not you." I growled from my place on the floor on my makeshift pallet. Said hooded figure retreated to a corner again.

"One, you are the one in danger of dying." Allen said sitting next to me. "Why are you so cheery?"

"I don't know." I said. "I mean, look at how all of you came rushing here. I feel pretty happy to know that you guys care that much."

"And you didn't know before?" He asked. Kanda, for once seemed to be on the same page and crossed his arms. I shrugged.

"Well, to be honest, I never thought Road and Lulu would come here." I said.

"Why wouldn't I come to my future sister-in-law in a situation like this?" Road exclaimed hopping into my lap. "I can't be Allen's wife if you don't like me!" Allen's eye twitched and Kanda looked about ready to snatch her up and throw her so she wouldn't cause me any unneeded damage. She wrapped her arms around me. "You can't keep scaring people like this." She said as she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Oh, get over it." I said ruffling her hair.

"Hey, not cool!" She said pulling back and trying to fix her hair back to what ever style she had in the first place. I laughed. What was the point, it wasn't like it was really bothered in the first place? "You're still as mean as ever. Memory loss doesn't change that, now does it?"

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'. She sighed. All previous ill intent toward Road was forgotten.

"Te-" Lulubell began before a glare was hoot her way. "... One, what are you intending to do ...If you recover?" Her voice was hesitant but all eyes traveled to me. I was confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "I'm going back to Headquarters... Aren't I?" I directed the last question to Alexis. She nodded.

"Of course." She said.

"Well, that's that." I said turning to Lulubell. "What are you going to do?" She didn't look like she understood what I was saying. I smiled. "Well, are you going back to the Earl?" The room stilled. Well, I guess I just suggested she betray the Earl after all.

"Um..." She mumbled.

"Well, I'm staying with you." Road told me. "I can't leave you alone anymore. Trouble finds you too quickly."

"What about the Earl?" Lavi asked justly.

"Doesn't matter." Road said.

"Besides, I think most of us know the Earl is not the one to worry about." Ritze piped in. I glared at her.

"For once, she's right." I said.

"Yeah, the Earl didn't fight for Allen or One." Road said. "Tykky has always been the one to do that, if someone did it at all."

"Tykky would prove very difficult to defeat." Lulubell said in thought. "Perhaps it would be better if we just returned."

"Do what you want! I'm staying with One." Road said stubbornly.

She's annoying.

Sister-

"Don't start." Was the response before he could say anything more. He gave a pent up sigh before going silent again.