Darkness of the Past

"We are going to get in so much trouble..." I muttered.

"I have a feeling this is something we'll have to get used to with you." Lulubell said to Alexis.

"It saddens me to agree." She said.

"I hope Terra will be okay." Road said.

"Oh, she will." Alexis said almost a bit mad sounding.

"Do you know something we don't know?" I asked her.

"No." She said begrudgingly. She lead us out of the dungeon. "Where are Stark, Stella, Kanda, Lavi, and Cross?!" She yelled. "Report!" Five people scurried hurriedly to get in front of Alexis as close to the speed of light as they could. They stood at attention.

"Commander." They chorused. Stella stepped forward.

"Commander, no injuries were acquired save for a few stiff backs." She said. "Everyone is in top shape. We're ready to move out in a moments notice, ma'am." She stepped back beside her brother and Lavi stepped forward.

"Komui of the Black Order is reluctant to let any of us leave. He wants answers. An interrogation I suppose." He reported. I've never seen Lavi so serious.

"Keep recording." She told him. He saluted and stepped back in line.

"Commander, permission to request something?" Cross asked. Kanda shot him a dirty look which he returned. Alexis sighed, somehow gathering she wouldn't like the outcome of this request. The fact that Crodd and Kanda are the only ones that seem to care about this worries me.

"What is it, General Cross?" She asked.

"The former Colonel... Terra wanted us to look at something." Cross muttered. Alexis' eyes narrowed. "She left me a note."

"...Look at what, General?" She asked.

"There's a secret room in Komui'd office." He informed her. "Something she, Lavi, Kanda, and Lenalee discovered during her first visit here recently. She suggests there is something there that wasn't there before."

"And what would that be?" She asked.

"Even we don't know." Kanda muttered. Stark gave them both a look. One that said he knew exactly what it was. He caught me looking and he looked away. He wasn't going to explain anything. Besides him, everyone else was clueless. Something Stark knows and we don't... Stella being more prominent. What could Terra have told Stark that she wouldn't tell Stella? What was in this so called hudden room?

Alexis sighed. "Fine then, we should check it out." They started to move and I found Stark trailing after the others, besides us Noah of course, he was clearly glaring at the teo berries that briygh up the room. Road and Lulubell passed us.

"Stark." I said quietly. "What is it?"

"...I know who the heart is." He muttered. My eyes widened. "I... Always knew. I told O- I told Terra."

"Okay, but what does that have to do with this?" I asked.

"Everything." He muttered. He glanced at everyone, lingering on his sister for a moment longer and the commander.

"Stark." I said. He looked at me. "Are you... The heart?" He shook his head.

"No." He said. "But everyone will find out if we enter that room. Ritze and Terra talked about it... An invention to point out the heart. But once Terra found out, she had Ritze secret it away. Saying it was better to keep it secret. Allen, if anyone who can't stand against the Noah mentally, physically or anything else find out, it'll be over. They'll destroy the heart and take reign." He looked at me. "Allen, we either need to keep them out or destroy it before they can use it." I nodded slowly.