Leave

Thorin continues to refuse to eat much but I manage to get him to sleep a little. All the dwarves are obviously worried about him and I'm begging to lose hope in helping him. Bilbo has been awfully quite recently but I think I have worked out why. I walk through the empty halls wondering where all the dwarves have got to when I hear yelling outside. Shifting to a hawk I fly quickly to the balcony and perch on a high pillar of stone observing down below.

Bard is in front of the gate on a horse and in the ruins of dale a large encampment of elves have appeared. Thrandruil. I listen to them argue and fear fills my heart about Thorin's condition. He should not be like this, at the beginning of this quest he would have helped those people I'm sure of it. The other dwarves look equally shocked at the words escaping their kings mouth. Bard turns away and Thorin orders the dwarves to the armory. I fly down and shift back standing in front of Thorin "Why did you send him away? He only asks for the help you promised the people of Lake Town." 

Thorin scowls "He wants to steal from me." I shake my head "Thorin you promised to help them." he lets out a low growl "Are you questioning my authority?" I sigh "No, but Thorin the people of Lake Town are innocent. They helped us, they deserve our help in return." he turns away stony faced "Everything in this mountain belongs to me." I scowl "Thorin look at me, you are surrounded. What do you stand to gain?" he turns grinning "I have help on the way." I sigh "Thorin dragon sickness is taking over your senses. You have to reconsider, Bard and his people are innocent."

He turns fully glaring "You love him don't you. I should have known." I blank confused "Love who? Bard? Thorin you've got to be joking. I love you." he shakes his head "I have been blind you are after the treasure in this mountain. Who sent you?" I gasp "Thorin what has got into you? I love you." he shakes his head "You wish to overthrow me?" I shake my head tears threatening to fall down my face "I would never do that. I love you and only wish to help." he takes a step closer voice deepening to a low growl "Leave."  I freeze "What?" he growls "Leave." I shake my head slightly "Thorin I can't leave you I love you and want to protect you."

He turns away "I want you to leave." I manage to nod once "Of course, goodbye Thorin. I hope you know that I love you and you are stronger than the dragon sickness that has wrapped itself around your heart. Fight it, please."