Dating customs

Elysian P/O/V:

The dwarves slowly come back inside as the sun begins to set and I walk to the kitchen helping Bofur and Dori with the cooking. "Ely?" I smile "Yes Dori?" he shifts on his feet slightly "Could you teach me the medical herbs that you use?" I nod "Of course I can," he smiles brightly and I say "Is tomorrow morning alright?" he nods "Of course." 

Bofur smiles "Can you hold this please?" I nod taking a large pan of stew off him. After a moment he takes it back placing it over the stove "Thanks." I smile "No problem." I find bowels and spoons in the cupboards and lay them out on the table along with tankards and jugs of beer. Bofur ladles out the soup while Dori calls the others in for dinner. I sit in the window seat and eat a little bit of bread and cheese.

"Elysian?" I smile "Kili?" he grins "Can you tell us about Majda customs?" I stare confused "What sort of customs?" he shrugs and his brother grins "How about dating?" I laugh "I'd much rather hear about dwarven customs, I am ashamed to say I know very little." Fili smiles "How about we tell you about ours and you tell us about yours." I nod slightly "Alright." the two turn to Balin "Your the best at talking." he chuckles "Not on this subject but I will tell what I know."

(A/N I am sorry if this is not factually correct, I'm going of other works, memory and google)

"Well Dwarves don't really have any devote rules. But we show who is ours by braiding their hair and putting a bead at the end. Usually with the family insignia or something personal engraved on it. Anything to do with brushing or braiding the hair is considered intimate and is only done within family or courting relationships. They propose with a ring similar to other cultures and exchange handmaid gifts as a sign of affection." he smiles "I think that's everything of importance."

He turns to me "What about the Majda? I am intrigued to hear about your culture." I smile "Well every Majda has a soulmate, one who they are destined to be with. We do not know who they are or when we will meet them. You may be standing right next to them and not know, it is only when you have direct skin contact when a rune appears over the heart with the name, if you are Majda it will look something like this," I find a piece of parchment and sketch it out "If you are of another race it will look slightly different, we've found it's different for every race. We show our partners by exchanging gifts, commonly jewelry. We also propose with rings and on the wedding day both receive a identical ring and a tattoo on the arm." 

Fili and Kili grin at each other before turning to me "So your soulmate could be anyone?" I nod "Yes." Bilbo smiles "Have you met your's yet?" I blush slightly "I'm not sure." Fili smiles "So do you have that rune thingy." I sigh and shake my head, they both look disappointed and Gloin quickly changes the conversation to fighting techniques obviously bored with the topic.

Thorin P/O/V:

The conversation drifts away from Elysian and she falls silent leaning her head against the window. The runes she described it sounds just like the one that appeared on my chest when I grabbed her arm... Is that why I feel so protective of her? She is beautiful and skilled and kind... I sigh I need to talk to her. 

Slowly the others all disappear upstairs to there rooms. Balin is the last to leave who smiles knowingly at me before saying goodnight to Elysian and leaving the room.