[03]

*Knock, knock, knock* my knuckles hit the yellow door, dogs barking can be heard from the inside "Who is it?" i hear a muffled voice come through the door. "It's Billie, bitch" "Oh, come in.". Its okay, Billie, these dogs aren't going to attack you. They were so sweet-ish looking over the phone. I open the door just to see the dogs aren't even barking at me. Thank the lords. "Fucking hell, Lola, move." i hear mutters coming from a different room.

 I peek my head in the room i heard the voice come from. There i see Jasmine struggling to move Lola away from her bowl as Ping eats hers near the dining table. "Come on! please?" she begs the dog. I watch amused. Finally she gets Lola out the way long enough to pour the food in the bowl. "God, your fatass can't wait one damn second" she mutters as she puts the big bag of food away in a cabinet.

 She turns to me "Ah, what the fuck?" she asks as she clutches her heart dramatically. "Sorry, you told me to come in" i hold my hands up in defense as i look up at her. 

"How tall are you?" i ask in awe. "6'0" she answers. "What are you like 5'0?" "No! 5'3 actually." i correct. "Yeah. Okay. C'mon, we leaving or what?" she walks past me.

 "Yeah..." i say following her out the door. She locks it while is still make my way to my car. I hop in the drivers seat and crank the car, by now shes getting in the car. "Where are we going?" she asks once she put her seatbelt on. "I don't know, i thought you were going to figure that out." i admit. "Oh. How about....Taco Bell?" she suggests. "Taco Bell it is" i say pulling out her driveway.

We pull into taco bells parking lot. "Are we going in or the drive-thru?" i ask. "In" and with that i pull into a parking space before we both get out the car and walk in. There aren't many people in here. Theres about three tables being used, we walk straight up to the counter since there isn't anyone in line.

"Hi, what can i get for you?" the worker appears behind the counter. "Can i just get two bean burritos? And whatever she wants." Jasmine gestures towards me. "Oh, uh can i get the same?" "Of course, uhh that'll $18.23" she smiles. "Here" Jasmine flashes her pearly whites at the worker, handing her, her card.

"You don't want to half it?" i ask her. "Nope" she pops the 'p'. I just look at her in confusion, before following her to a random table. 

We sit down facing each other, "Y-" she starts but her phone rang cutting her off. She looks at the contact name before her face turns a little nervous. "He-hello?" she picks up the phone. "...." "Uhm-" "..." "Yeah, i'll get-" "..." "for sure, sorry-" "Right sorry- i mean, im not sorry." "..." "I'll get started right on that-" "..." "Yep. Tomorrow." "..." "Did she tell exactly why-?" "..." "Okay. Right- sorry- im mean, im not sorry" "..." "Cool. Thanks." "..." "Okay. Bye." she hangs up, letting a sigh of relief.

 "Im so sorry. It was my boss." she explains. "Its all good" i excuse. She's one of those? She apologizes even if it's not her fault, im sure of it- "Oh, let me go get the food" she stands up before walking away. She comes back and hands me two bean burritos. "Thanks" i say unwrapping it.

 "What kind of stuff do you even draw?" i ask out off curiosity. "What do you mean?" "You said you were an artist" "Oh, i didn't think you would have remembered. Uhm, like anything really. One day i could be painting a mural on a schools wall or drawing a random dragon that someone wants to compare theirs with." she chuckles lightly, unwrapping hers as well. 

"What?" "Yeah the other day a guy brought in a picture of his dragon drawing and told me to recreate it however i wanted so he could compare it to mine" she explains. "Hm" i hum, nodding my head, understanding.~.Im driving Jasmine home and she keeps like dozing off. 

 Maybe shes sleep deprived?.....I pull into her driveway and look at her. Her head is leaning on the window while her arm is propping it up. Her orange tinted porch light lays perfectly over her features giving them a glowing effect.

 Her lips are full and plump, they're a perfect pink color. Her eyes are a bottle green while her eyelashes curl gorgeously over her eyes. Her right eyebrow has two slits side by side with the perfect amount of space between them.

Her left hand that rests on her own thigh has a tattoo of a skeleton hand on it, like this:

- Im staring.

 I get out the car softly making sure not to wake her and walk over to the passengers door. I swing the door open causing her to almost fall out but her seatbelt catches her. 

It takes her a second to realize where she is. She unbuckles her seatbelt and steps out the car. Once shes closed the door and turned to me, i jump up and wrap my arms around her neck pulling her head back down. 

 She wraps her arms around my waist causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. "Bye" i say, letting her out of my embrace. "Bye" she says back before making her way up to her porch while i return to the drivers seat. 

She stands on her porch and watches me pull out of her driveway before she enters her house. She gives me one last wave that i saw in my rear-view mirror before she shuts her door.

(A/N: We are getting somewhere! Finished 2/20/2021 at 10:28 p.m.)

[1004 words]