[04]

Jasmine Pov                                          1 week later from the last chapter.

 Me and Billie are sitting on the beaches pier at sunset. We've been hanging out a lot more recently. We have our feet dangling off the edge above the water. Looking at the horizon as the sun gradually disappears behind the ocean.

 "Whats the biggest lie you've ever been told? And...by who?" Billie asks out of the blue (see what i did there? The ocean, is blue-) 

"...'We're both going to be fine and spend the rest of our lives together'. My best friend told me that." my voice cracks a bit as i blink away tears. "Backstory?" she asks finally looking at me. 

 I briefly look at her before we both turn back and look at the ocean. 

 "I met her in a hospital, we both were sat down next to each other for chemotherapy. Then we became best friends. Since we spent most our time in the hospital my parents requested that me and her share the same room. So thats what the doctors did. After 3 years in and out of that hospital room with her, cancer killed her." i say as a few tears fall down my cheeks. 

 I look at her, her eyes are glossy and shes looking at me with pity.

 I quickly wipe the tears off my face "Bu-but its okay though. Uhm, she wouldn't have wanted it any other way." i say, trying to stand up but Billie pulls me back down.

 "Don't hide it. How old were you guys?" she asks looking back out at the water, laying her head on my shoulder. "I was diagnosed at 9, she was diagnosed at 14." i explain. "She dealt with cancer 2 years longer than me though." i continue as tears began to fall more frequently, i feel Billies hand comfortingly run her hand up and down my back. 

 "She made that hospital room a lot more fun than it should have been. We shaved each others head since our hair was falling out anyways. There was nothing absolutely nothing that she didn't know about me. Some nights we would cry together or we'd be up laughing our asses off. The worst part about it was that she knew she was going to die. The whole time. Every single time. I didn't even notice. She was giving me hints too. She would ask me how hard i'd cry if she died and i lived. And she would always ask what if i died and you lived. I'd just say that she should stop asking those dumb questions because there was no way that those scenarios would become reality- but they did."  i cry harder.

 Billie removes her head from my shoulder and bring my head down into her chest. "How many people have you told this to?" she asks running her fingers through my hair. "To no one" i choke out.

~.Im driving back home. Billie is in the passengers seat. She's staying the night too......i pull into my driveway next to dragon and we both get out off the car.

 I unlock the door, we both get attacked by a dog. Lola is jumping up and licking Billie while Ping is doing the same to me. We both let out small laughs as we pet the dogs. "We both should take a shower" i say.

 She raises and eyebrow at me with wide-ish eyes. "Oh damn. I have two bathrooms, ya know." i scoff sarcastically. "Well give me clothes, i didn't bring any" she explains. "Right." i say walking off and making a gesture to follow me.

I didn't look back to see if she was actually following me. I take her to my room and start digging through my drawers, "Sweatpants" i say handing her black sweatpants that read 'stop looking at my dick'.

 Then i go to my closet and pull out this ginormous hoodie, its just plain white. "Hoodie" i mumble setting it down in her arms on top of the sweats.

 "Do you have any underwear?" she asks. I shake my head slowly. She raises a brow at me. "You don't?" "Well i do-" "Then let me have some" she cuts my sentence short.

 "Its not the kind you wear-" "How would you know?" she asks. "I guess i don't" "Just let me wear some of yours come one" she whines. I suck my teeth while going back to my dresser.

. I only have boxers- "You only got boxers? For what?" i hear Billies voice right next to me. She doesn't know about the little guy in my pants. But don't think it's little, 'cause it's not. Trust me or you can ask yo bitch-, im kidding.

 "T-to wear" i say. "Why? You don't like-" "I got a dick" i cut her off backing away a bit.

"Wwwhat?" "Immm intersex- you can leave and never talk to me again, i'll understand-" she cuts me off by wrapping her arms around my waist and her head leaning on my chest. 

"Why're you hugging me?" i ask wrapping my arms around her as well. "It's okay. Just because you have have a dick, doesn't mean im just going to walk right out of your life. You can't get rid of me that easily." she states causing me to chuckle a bit. "Thank you" i whisper.

 "Don't thank me for having some damn common sense. But imma go shower!" she hits my chest enthusiastically with both hands before grabbing a random pair of boxers and heading off to the bathroom down the hall. I let out a sigh of relief "thank the lords" i mumble under my breath. I grab some fitted black sweats, a sports bra, and one of those tank tops that men wear that have the super big arm holes.

Billie Pov

Im really sad for Jasmine. She had cancer and cancer also killed her best friend. She also has a dick. To be honest that makes her more attractive but i know it has probably also caused her heart break. She told me she'd understand if i wanted to walk out her house and never talk or see her again. So im assuming that, that has happened before. 

 I hop in the shower, immediately relaxing as the warm water hits my skin. Wash my hair quickly, my hair smells like hers! Let me just tell you her hair smells so freaking good. Not even being a drama queen about it.

 She doesn't have many 'feminine' body washes. There is only this vanilla one...guess imma just use that......I step out the bathroom, i go to Jasmine's room only to see shes not there.

. I walk out into the living room to see her sitting there, staring intensely at the tv which plays 'Bird Box'. Shes wearing a tank top that has the really big arm holes, black sweats, and a sports bra under the top so you can't see her titties.

 Let me just say that Jasmine with wet hair, is the hottest thing you could ever see.

 "That bitch did nooot" she draws out in a whisper as 'girl' takes her blindfold off. "Yes, the bitch did" i say. "Ah, what the fuck?" she says looking at me wide-eyed. 

 "Sorry. What do you want me to do with these?" i hold up my dirty clothes. "Oh- here." she says standing up and taking them from me. As she walks away i steal her spot on the couch. Lola comes and sits up on my legs as i start looking through my camera role. The latest pictures are of me and Jasmine.

Theres one video of Jasmine running around with my phone on the beach while im chasing her- "You had to sit in my spot?" she fake whines coming in the room. "Mhm" i nod. She just shrugs and sits on the other side of the couch.

"What do i got cooties or some shit, that you gotta sit way over there?" i ask. She just looks at me before laying her head on my stomach which causes a million butterflies to erupt in there, i'd be surprised if she didn't feel them flying around. 

 She reaches to the floor and grabs the remote pressing play on her movie. She temporarily sits up and turns off the lights before she returns to her precious position on my stomach. 

(A/N: Finished 2/21/2021 at 12:00 a.m.)

[1400 words]