Chapter 3: Nothing to worry about

"Yi ..Rang..Nim?" Woo Bin echoed and exchanged a look with Yi Jeong, who looked equally confused and shrugged.

The woman slapped her hand over her mouth and looked around a bit helplessly.

„I'm sorry. I confused you with someone else!" she said hastily. „Anastasia.. come."

Though she wanted to leave, she couldn't take her eyes off of Yi Jeong and teared up.
Yi Jeong walked a few steps up to her and she took a step back.

„Miss, are you alright?" he asked and looked directly into her unusual, grey-ish eyes.
Yi Jeong was absolutely sure he had never seen this woman before, yet something about her felt familiar.

„I'm sorry.." she mumbled and turned around, leaving as fast as possible, considering her dog wasn't the fastest anymore.

„That was so weird.. She didn't look like she confused you with someone..." Woo Bin said quietly, while looking after the strange woman.
„I know right? She was so.. emotional? But I swear I don't know her.. Even from class, I would remember her.

Now Woo Bin looked at him. „Why? Do you think she's pretty?"

„Are you jealous?" Yi Jeong scoffed in a loving way. „Her look is very unusual, that's all. And her attitude..."

„That dog looked like he knew you, too. Are you sure you're not leading a double life?" Woo Bin teased and Yi Jeong choked a laugh.

„How would I be able to hide something from you, hm? But keep that idea for your new book, it's just getting better and better." he said sarcastically.

Woo Bin wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, because he slowly really looked so done with everything. He rubbed his nose against his cheek and mumbled:
„I really should start taking notes, huh?"

Yi Jeong chuckled quietly. He turned his head and stole a tiny kiss.
Usually, they wouldn't do things like that in a public place, but Yi Jeong was glad to have Woo Bin by his side, who just always knew what to do to make him feel better.
He closed his eyes and leaned into the embrace, feeling the arms around him tighten.

„You should stay the one writing horror stories, not our reality.." he mumbled and sighed.

„Hey.. last night was weird and this was just a coincidence. Maybe you reminded that woman of someone close when she saw you with her dog before, and when you looked up, her wishful thinking made you look like that person for a moment. That happens all the time."

„Hmh.." Yi Jeong agreed, still enjoying the comforting embrace. He wanted to believe what Woo Bin said, because it made so much more sense than him actually knowing that woman with the familiar scent he was able to smell even from far away.
It wasn't a parfum, it was something else. Not the same he smelled on the balcony last night, but something similar.
Maybe he was sick. He had heard of people with brain tumors, who started to hallucinate or suddenly smelled things that weren't there.
If this wouldn't get better, he would go see a doctor, but he didn't want Woo Bin to worry for nothing, so he didn't tell what was on his mind, yet.

While Woo Bin and Yi Jeong were trying to ignore all the weird things happening, Ki Yu Ri was running.
She had picked up Anastasia and was running as fast as her high heels would take her, straight to her husband's animal clinic.

Shin Ju was reading a file, when Yu Ri stormed in and jumped up in surprise, immediate worry written all over his face, because usually she wouldn't carry their family dog.

„Yu Ri-Ssi! Are you okay?" he rushed to her and took the dog, who looked fine, while Yu-Ri was breathing heavily, her cheeks wet from tears.

„Honey.. come sit down.. What happened? Do you want a glass of water?"