Chapter 16: Reunion part 2

"I feel overdressed.." Yi Jeong said and loosened the collar of his black shirt.

"I'm pretty sure they don't expect you to dress up.. Come on, wear something comfortable."

Woo Bin himself had picked out his best clothes because for some reason, he wanted to make a good official first impression.

"You're right... where's my sweater? That looks good and I feel comfortable in it. Are you feeling comfortable?" He asked with a sweet smile and corrected the position of Woo Bin's bow-tie. "Not a little overdressed?"

They both laughed and Woo Bin nodded. "Yeah. I'm not in the position to give you advice, huh?"

"But you can stay like this. You remind me of the school dance you. The night we got together will always stay my favorite.. You looked like a prince.."

"A prince with that horrible skin condition I had back then?"

"You were just perfect to me. Everything about you." Yi Jeong said and Woo Bin saw in his eyes, that he wasn't just making that up to make him feel better.

"Alright.. I'll stay like this then." Woo Bin decided with a smile and Yi Jeong changed into his new, new sweater. Combined with a pair of black pants, he still looked like a jackpot.

"I'm nervous.." he admitted quietly, while he styled his hair all over again.

"I know.. It's driving me crazy." Woo Bin grinned and fondled Yi Jeong's back when he passed him.
"They still loved you at your worst, I'm sure there's not much you can do wrong, so just calm down, hm?"

"That's true.. Hey, you're done right? Would you go to the flower shop and pick something? You know where my wallet is."

"Sure, anything else? Some wine maybe?" Woo Bin suggested.

"That's a great idea! Pick my favorite, okay? Thank you, you're the best."

"Sure!"

Woo Bin welcomed the distraction, because trying to hide his own nervousness was exhausting.
But one of them being a nervous wreck was enough.
He picked a coat and took Yi Jeong's shoulder bag without checking for the wallet.
If he said he knew where to find it, it was in there.

The fresh air outside felt good. Woo Bin felt like he hadn't been out of the apartment for ages and his mood got better.
He already knew Yi Yeon and Ji Ah.
If that kid was there too and everything was going to be too much, he would just read him a story.
He wasn't the focus anyway, this was Yi Rang's family, desperate to finally meet his reincarnation.

He bought the wine first and then picked two flower bouquets, one for Ji Ah and one for the woman from the park. He saw her in Yi Jeong's past life, how he rescued her from a zoo.
She had been his partner in crime back then, just without the romance. It was time that she finally got a chance to see her mentor and savior again.

On the way back, he passed a homeless woman, crouching on the ground, and stopped to give her some money. It was one of those moments when you feel nothing but blessed and want to give a less fortunate person a tiny moment of happiness.
When he knelt down to give her enough for eating well for the next three days, he startled.

The woman lifted her head and he was looking at an even more aged version of the old woman who offered him a deal before.

"Time's running out.." she whispered hoarsely.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you. I decided to be with my partner for as long as possible. I can't risk a gamble.."

"But you loved gambling..." now she smiled and Woo Bin frowned. "Do I know you?" he asked.