Chapter 14: Reunion part 1

„Woo Bin.." Yi Jeong whispered and started playing with the hair in his neck. „Hey... wake up.."
He noticed a trace of dried tears on his cheek and felt his heart aching. Was he already aware? But how did he find out?
Woo Bin grunted and shifted a little, slowly opening his eyes. They were red and swollen, when he blinked at Yi Jeong.
Before even knowing where he was, he jumped up and right into his boyfriend's arms, holding on like his life was depending on it.

Yi Jeong hugged him so tight and Woo Bin started sobbing immediately. „I don't want to die.." he blubbered out and Yi Jeong took a shaky breath. „Shhh... We'll figure it all out, please don't be sad.."
Yi Jeong regretted nothing more than leaving Woo Bin alone in a situation like this and mumbled: „I shouldn't have left without you..."
„Why? It doesn't matter where I start rotting, I can't stop it..." Woo Bin sniveled and wiped over his eyes.
Yi Jeong cupped his face with both hands and locked eyes with Woo Bin.

„So...you thought you might as well start now?" he said with a little smile and let his thumbs run over Woo Bin's three-day stubble. „Did you even shower once? Or eat something?"

Woo Bin looked down. „..No.." he cracked a sad smile. „I'm the worst, aren't I?"

„No...You know you're the best, right? And you certainly win that audition for next Santa Clause."

Woo Bin touched his own face and frowned. „Oh my.. it's really that bad, isn't it? I think I better take a shower.."

„But hurry, I brought your favorite food from your favorite restaurant."

Woo Bin pulled Yi Jeong closer for a kiss. He felt so helpless just a moment ago, but his sweetheart always managed to cheer him up and helped him to see something in a different light. It was good, knowing that they both knew now. It was good, having Yi Jeong back after three days of no contact at all.

„I love you. I'll be back to be recognizable in a few minutes, I promise."

Yi Jeong answered with a smile and left to get some fresh clothes from the bedroom.
He had the chance to take a shower everyday, but still.. he was wearing the same clothes he started his journey with.
Without knocking, he entered the bathroom, because there was nothing in there he hadn't seen anyway and used the sink to refresh and changed the clothes.
Woo Bin took only a quick shower, because he was so hungry. He joined Yi Jeong with a towel wrapped around his waist and looked into the mirror. His own reflection startled him and Yi Jeong chuckled around his toothbrush.
Woo Bin was searching for something, while Yi Jeong brushed his teeth and followed his movements with questioning eyes.

„Where's my shaver?"

Yi Jeong spat the toothpaste into the sink and said: „You can use mine!" he grabbed it from his drawer and handed it over.

„Thank you. Sorry for letting you come home to such a mess.. I was just.."

„I know."

„I thought we would grow old together.." Woo Bin's voice broke and he was tearing up again.

„I know.." Yi Jeong whispered and wrapped his arms around Woo Bin's waist. He leaned against him and closed his eyes. „Song Woo Bin... Can't you try to be happy, that you will have me for all your life? And that you will be 103 and still have the hottest boyfriend? Because you won't ever get rid of me. Not in this life, not in the next."

„I won't get that old. I'll never reach that point where you have to change my diapers."

„Don't say that... You will get as old as possible and we will have the best life together and now we will forget about that and enjoy dinner, okay?" Yi Jeong smiled. „And about the mess... You can clean that up tomorrow, okay?"