Chapter 15: Rang

The next morning, Yi Jeong woke up first. The daylight, shining through the curtains, tinted the room in warm colors.
He watched Woo Bin for a while, who looked especially beautiful with that light, flattering his features.
Yi Jeong sighed softly and decided to sneak out of bed to prepare breakfast.
Since they had to change the sheets anyway, they might as well enjoy breakfast in bed.

Yi Jeong looked around in the messy living room and started picking up the bottles.
He wasn't even mad and though he told Woo Bin to clean up his mess, he didn't mind doing it for him.
Woo Bin needed some extra love, after he had to deal with his issues on his own for the last few days.

After the living room looked like a decent place again, Yi Jeong went to the bathroom.
Now it was his time to shave. His facial hair grew a bit slower than Woo Bin's, but since he was able to change to full fur now, why couldn't he enjoy no hair in places he didn't want it to grow for a change, but that was too much of wishful thinking.
He was searching for his shaver, but couldn't find it until he remembered that Woo Bin used it last night.

"Idiot. Put my stuff back in my drawer." he mumbled and opened Woo Bin's drawer, where he found his shaver and a pair of funny looking glasses.

"What the hell is that.." he picked them up and twisted them around in his hands.
It certainly didn't look like a pair of glasses someone with some sense for fashion would pick from a store, more like for a costume and Yi Jeong decided to give it a try, just for fun.

He looked into the mirror and almost got a heart attack, because he was not looking at his own reflection, but into a different universe and slapped the glasses off his face hastily, his heart beating fast.
Yi Jeong had no idea for how long he was staring at the thing before he slowly picked it up, his hands shaky.
Feeling like he was controlled by a higher force, he put the glasses back on and this time, he kept looking.

Meanwhile, Woo Bin was slowly waking up, finding himself alone in their comfortable double bed and rolled over. Yi Jeong's side was cold already, how long did he sleep? Their last conversation shot through his mind and his heartbeat started rising. The idea alone, that Yi Jeong would take his life to go with him made him feel sick.
But well, he had about at least 60 years left to change his mind, though he knew how stubborn his boyfriend was. He wouldn't change his mind on this..

Woo Bin sighed and closed his eyes again. It was so quiet in the apartment..
He eventually forced himself to get up.
If Yi Jeong was having breakfast on his own, he would usually watch some TV program, so he assumed he went somewhere and decided to better start cleaning up before he would return.
To his surprise, the living room was clean, with no traces left of the mess he made.
He looked around for a note, because they never left without leaving a note. He couldn't find any.

Woo Bin scratched his head and toddled to the bathroom. He splashed some cold water into his face to wake up his brain and while grabbing for a towel, he noticed that his drawer was open and a sudden adrenalin rush made him wide awake. The glasses were gone.

"Shit!" he said out loud and turned around in a rush, but froze because he found Yi Jeong, on the ground, leaning against the wall.
He had the glasses in one hand and stared right through him, his cheeks covered with traces of tears.

"Babe.." Woo Bin asked carefully and Yi Jeong's empty eyes found his. He lifted up his arm and offered Woo Bin to take the glasses. "Look.." he said hoarsely and Woo Bin took the glasses from him.

"I'm so sorry.. I forgot to tell you about this.. You weren't supposed to look through them... not yet." Woo Bin mumbled and wanted nothing more than to punch himself in the face.