Chapter 18: Seven Days

Woo Bin was running through the night, all the way to the park. He had only one thought on his mind. Becoming the partner Yi Jeong deserved.
Deep inside, he knew he was enough for him just like the way he was, but he wanted more for Yi Jeong.
He was the one who saved him from loneliness.
The one who always loved him unconditionally. Yi Jeong was a Gumiho who already picked his partner. He was stuck with him and it wasn't fair to shorten his life or leave him behind with a broken heart that can never be repaired by someone else.
This was his chance to become an equal.

"Misery!!" Woo Bin yelled and stopped to catch a breath. He looked around, but felt dizzy from the sudden turn. He was tired and though he didn't drink too much because he had been driving, the alcohol was in his system.

"Misery?"

Woo Bin kept running deeper into the darker part of the park, trying to find the spot where he met her for the first time. The panic he felt crawling through his veins after he just couldn't find her was his proof for doing the right thing. At least, it felt like the only choice he had.

"Misery... please..." he almost whined and slowed down, taking a deep breath.
Until this moment, over the past days, he always had the feeling, she was lurking somewhere in the shadows. He could feel her presents, even if he tried not to think about her.
Maybe it was really too late now. Maybe he was doomed to live with the constant knowledge, that he would kill the one he loved most one day.

Woo Bin turned around and almost got a heart attack, because Misery was standing right there in front of him.

"You changed your mind?" she asked hoarsely.

"You're still here.." Woo Bin said out of pure relief and went down on his knees to be on the same eye level as her.

"I need to ask you some questions.. are you willing to answer them?"

"Do I have a choice? My time is up anyways.."

The old woman sat down on the ground, because she wasn't strong enough to stand any longer and Woo Bin did the same. He looked around nervously, but she reassured him.

"Don't worry... Even if someone will come to this park at this late hour, no one will see us. Consider yourself under my spell." she smiled and Woo Bin took a deep breath, not feeling much safer.
The way she said it would have sounded flirty and charming, but she looked like a 200 year old turtle and the attempt wasn't quite working.

"What are you...?" Woo Bin didn't ask if she was a fairy on purpose. He wouldn't give her the chance to answer just what he wanted to hear. "Are you a ghost?"

She sighed.
"People give me lot's of names but.. most common would be calling me a fairy. One of the good kinds, because your trust in me will give you great rewards. But to make it happen, we have to trust each other."

Woo Bin stared into his lap and nodded.

"How long would it take until I'm back?"

"I will bring you back immediately but.. I can't lead you. I won't know where you wake up. You have to find home on your own and I will never find you again."

Woo Bin was lost in thoughts for a moment. He knew he shouldn't do this without talking to anyone about it. It was a decision he had to make together with Yi Jeong.
On the other hand.. Yi Jeong had just decided to die with him, leaving him no choice at all.
It wasn't an act to get back at him, though. They both wanted the same.
Stay together and not living without the other.
He would probably do the same, but this was the chance for them to stay alive.
To be together forever or at least for as long as a half Gumiho would live. And he could be the one to stay alive and find his reincarnation.
There were many things to consider, pros and cons.
If he would start to discuss this with Yi Jeong now, maybe the chance would be gone and they would regret it.