Chapter 11: Fight the bad feeling

After Yi Jeong had calmed down a little, the three of them decided to take a walk through the park.
Now, that he was finally allowed to, without getting arrested for stalking, Yi Yeon couldn't stop looking at his little brother.
Yi Jeong wasn't just his reincarnation, he was like the version of Rang he always wished for.
Not that he didn't love his brother the way he was, he had just wished for him to be like this.
Happy and able to allow someone else to love him and not being so deeply traumatized, that he became such a mess.
The way he moved, the way he talked, it was him, just with a happier face.
And Woo Bin.... He loved him so much, Yi Yeon could see it in his eyes, every time he looked at Yi Jeong, who was now walking between them, munching a fish cake on a stick.
Yi Yeon wanted to buy him one, but he had to fight with Woo Bin and after 5 minutes, he gave up.
He wasn't mad, though. They were men after all and men always needed to mark their territory.
It was also important to him, that Woo Bin wouldn't get the feeling, that he would try to take something from him or get between them.

"Who was the guy who attacked us?" Woo Bin asked and Yi Yeon shrugged.

"Don't worry about it anymore, I handled it." he said and Woo Bin frowned. He didn't like the answer but decided to get back to it another time.

"Have I been in trouble or pissed someone off in my past life?" Yi Jeong asked innocently and looked at his brother. He was still chewing and looked like a child, asking about the world and Yeon wasn't sure anymore if he should really tell him details about his troubled past.

"A little..." he finally said.

"I could try to make up for it. I just need a list of people. I really don't want trouble with anyone..."

Yi Yeon was silent for a moment, not really knowing how to explain and just went with: "Uhm..", as a start, but he just couldn't find the right words and remained silent.

Yi Jeong stopped walking. "Wait... What did I do? I said I was twisted on the video.. What does that mean?"

He looked at his brother, who walked up to him and ruffled through his hair. "Don't worry about what Rang did.. Just because you are his reincarnation doesn't mean you have to take responsibility for what he did. He messed up a lot.. but his heart was in the right place after all. I can show you your past life but you have to understand first, that it's not what you did. It's not what you experienced and it's not what you have to keep suffering for. First I want you to find your balance with this new side of you, then we can talk about past you."

"But.. no, I don't want to know this much but not all of it. That's torture!" Yi Jeong started complaining and Woo Bin pulled him aside.

"Babe, I think you should trust his judgment in this case. Don't do this to yourself. You're confused now because your life merges with his life now and you feel like you're him, but you didn't make his mistakes, whatever that means. He got a second chance with you not carrying his load on your shoulders."

The memory alone of Yi Jeong breaking under the weight of Yi Rang's emotions made Woo Bin feel sick. He didn't deserve this and he just hoped that he kept being able to protect his friend from all of that.
Yi Jeong looked into his boyfriend's pleading eyes. He fought a short, silent battle with him, but gave in eventually and sighed with a nod. "Okay.. For now." he whispered and a little smile flashed over Woo Bin's lips.
He gave Yi Jeong a kiss on the cheek and Yi Jeong nudged his face with the tip of his nose in return.

Yi Yeon watched them and was almost moved to tears. Yi Jeong and Woo Bin had a strong bond and stable relationship and that was good. There was a lot to come and having a strong partner by his side would help him handle everything better.
Though he just met them, he already felt a familiar, impulsive and mindless behavior from his little brother and Woo Bin functioned as the one who kept a clear head for him. They had to trust each other, that they only wanted the best for Yi Jeong and so far, it seemed to work quite well.