Chapter 21 - Glow in the dark

Woo Bin woke up first. The ceiling he looked at was a familiar one. Once it had been full of little glow in the dark stickers. Not all star shaped, Yi Jeong never cared about the shape. The universe is huge, why can't there be a dinosaur shaped star, he always said.

The memory made Woo Bin crack a smile.

Most of the stickers had fallen off by now, but some where still there, reminding him of the time before they were a couple. The time when their friendship started growing and Yi Jeong slowly became his person and no one else's.

And this place had started to feel like home and it still felt like the most homey place to him.

Woo Bin knew his own parents wouldn't even recognize that he's gone. Yi Jeong just had to send a Christmas card or a text message once in a while in his name.

He listened to the sound of Yi Jeong's even breathing. It was good, that he finally fell asleep, snuggled up in Woo Bin's arms.

His face looked peaceful now and Woo Bin sighed. He was glad that Yi Jeong agreed without even thinking twice, when Woo Bin said he wanted to stay here.

The family they found with Yeon and Yu Ri was good but felt too new to give him the comfort he needed now.

This was home. The bed that was a bit too small for two grown men of average size. The remaining stickers at the ceiling. The smell of home cooked food that never really vanished completely in this house.

This was the place where not a single minute of his remaining lifespan felt wasted, even if he was just lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

The pace of Yi Jeong's breathing changed and Woo Bin knew he was about to wake up.

Don't wake up, you need the sleep, Woo Bin thought, but Yi Jeong was already making grumpy noises while stretching a leg that kicked a lamp off the nightstand at the end side of the bed.

The noise made him startle and Woo Bin greeted him with a smile, when their eyes met.

"Good morning." he purred and Yi Jeong dropped back into his previous position, crawling deeper into Woo Bin's arms.

"Go back to sleep, it's all good." he mumbled into Yi Jeong's tousled hair and he sighed, slowly drifting off to sleep again. "It's all good.." Woo Bin whispered once more and closed his eyes as well. In this moment, everything was good.

When Yi Jeong woke up again, Woo Bin was still asleep. He carefully freed himself from his embrace, straightened himself up and leaned against the wall to be able to watch his friend more comfortably.

He would be lying to himself if he said it didn't matter how he would get Woo Bin back. There was absolutely nothing he would change about Song Woo Bin. Everything about him was simply perfection. At least through Yi Jeong's eyes, he was. He knew in the end it only mattered that he came back at all, but just the idea of never waking up to this Woo Bin again was eating him up from inside.

He let his fingertips run through Woo Bin's soft hair and sighed.

"I'll take you back anyway, but please come back to me with that stupid adorable face you have now, will you?" Yi Jeong whispered. "I signed up for this and nothing else.."

"I'll come back as a cockroach." Woo Bin mumbled with a sleepy smile, his eyes still closed and Yi Jeong chuckled.

"Can I glue a tiny hat on your tiny cockroach head to make you more cute?"

Now Woo Bin opened one eye and looked at his boyfriend. "I'm already super tiny, isn't that cute enough?"

They both laughed about the idea but the light mood wasn't staying for long and Yi Jeong looked sad again.